Monday, October 18, 2010

A wave of nolstalgia...

Listening to some songs I used to sing in church back in KL makes me all nolstalgic...thanks to the memories and emotions they evoke.

I'd inevitably remember how singing those songs helped me to fix my eyes on God when I was so spent battling my EDs. I'd remember cell group meetings led by Gregory... then Shirley took over... and before I left for Dublin, Jasmine was my CG leader... How we all used to car-pool to one of those condos in Sunway where our meetings would always start with an ice-breaker and a time of worship before we studied God's Word together. The fellowship kept me strong. It was because of the encouragement of my church mates that I continued to seek God seriously when I arrived in Dublin. I remember writing emails back to my church-friends just to let them know how I was getting on in my walk with God.

However, as time and distance had it, I slowly grew more and more out-of-touch with my friends back in KL. I had become rooted in a new church (E.N.Dublin), served there with all my heart and was being discipled and trained to be a worship leader/church musician. My friends too were being scattered all around the world, due to studies and work. Some of them had become leaders of the church...and were as busy with their many commitments as I was with my own. Whenever I returned to KL in the summer holidays, I'd be greeted by a whole sea of foreign faces at church - because it had grown so much while I was away, by God's grace. Eventually, I resided permanently in Penang. My season with CHCKL had to come to an end. What is left of that season today are the friendships, which I still cherish with all my heart.

Nevertheless, when I listen to the songs I used to sing back in KL, I miss CHCKL terribly.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter