Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starving yourself is not right...

...and so is listening to the advice of people who tell you that the key to losing weight is starving yourself... or going on crazy low-calorie diets...

They think they know what they are talking about... or what they so confidently claim. But they did not see me when I rebounded from anorexia to a scary bulimic mode, in which I got stuck compulsively eating and purging for about 7 years. It was brutal.

And I do not intend to go back there.

I feel much stronger now, praise God. Before, I'd have been more easily swayed by such deceptions, well-meaning as they may be. Today, one swam right into my face. I thought I heard the familiar voice of ED... persuading. You could do it before... why not do it again now?

I refuse to be moved.

It disappeared as quickly as it had pealed. Yes, praise God for victory!

Standing firm all the time is not easy... but it gets easier when you firmly decide to make the stand for what is right.

I'm just so thankful that I have a very supportive husband-to-be, who loves food, loves me for my curves, loves ME and encourages me to be healthy. Yeah, healthy - like your eat substantial, balanced meals and exercise kind of weight maintenance. He is indeed a God-send.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Praise God for Ben! He is truly God-send! I hope for more godly guys like him :)

 

Free Blog Counter