Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday

This morning, Dr. Sunny Tan told us to use less adjectives in our academic essays.

We chuckled. I sighed.

I am drowning in assignments...and it's only the first day of the new term. Ugh. The busyness is dulling my creativity, I think.

Had the opportunity to catch up with a few of my friends. So many things have happened over the span of the 1.5 month I was abroad. I wonder why. Hearing those things shared made me a little sad and reflective.

The only constant thing about change is change. I feel like I've changed in the past 3 months. Something in my heart... something in my character... something in the way I used to behave and think. I've changed. People have changed. Each and every day, we face obstacles that either alter the direction of our footsteps or slow us down - at least the tiniest bit. The year doesn't usually end as everyone expects... The most unexpected things crop up just when we thought we've had our lives well mapped out and we change plans to adapt to the new circumstances. We deal with the consequences of yesterday's choices... and then we have to move on... or we'd live in regret or a wistful longing to recapture the glories of our yesterdays. Whichever it is, a change has taken place. We can perhaps make a U-turn where we've made mistakes... but we will never be the same again. New experiences, new knowledge, new relationships, new ideas, new lessons, new growth, new challenges...each day brings us to acquire new things. Whether or not we realize it. Life is just confusing that way...

But God never changes.

It is also awesome that we will never need a new Savior.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter