Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grateful...

The woman's conference was really good. (Kudos to the committed team of organizers!) Although I didn't know anyone at first... (I do like adventures like this)... I had made up my mind to enjoy myself - and I did.

How gracious God is... I was able to find my way to the venue of the conference in the morning, and then during our first break-out session, someone sat down next to me... and she randomly said, "I am a final year seminary student..." and that was when we found out that we had something in common! She is another BTS student... like myself... but only in Singapore. Violet is amazing. I honestly don't know how she manages to juggle between MDIV, mummyhood and her ministry.

The food was really good. *sheepish smile* I have come to accept the fact that I am not one with a small appetite. I ate so much, that the aunties seated at my table exclaimed, "Woooaaaaah, you can really eat..."... and I was like, "Yeah...."

No wonder not many guessed that I was 'the Grace' in the powerpoint testimony presented in the morning about my eating disorders... I now look and behave nothing like one who has ever loathed food. But then again, once they knew... it must have been to them a testimony of God's sovereignty and power... to break the chains of ED and to set me free!

However, if Ben reads this, I bet he would just shrug and say, "Told you so..." Coupled with a mischievous grin on his face. *tsk tsk tsk* I am forever trying to protest against his claim that I eat more than him. Of course I do not eat more than him! This is ridiculous...

Subsequently, I thought it was very timely that I came to Singapore for the conference.

Firstly... in the past 2 years, God has been bringing me the message of Elijah, the Ravens, the brook, the widow and Baal at times of great unrest in my soul - through the mouths of different preachers. This year, it is no different. I have been anxious for the past few months about something I couldn't do much about. Today, God brought me the message again - through a Bible study we were doing in one of the break-out sessions... It cut me to the heart; I was deeply moved and recognized that He was telling me to WAIT on Him. I trust that He would somehow make all things fall into place and provide me all my needs.

Secondly, in MBTS chapel this week, our president, Dr. John Ong, preached on Psalm 23. That day, I was half-asleep after a late night... so I caught bits and pieces of the whole sermon... This afternoon, the speaker spoke on Psalm 23 again... elaborating it a little more... and I had a sudden thought in my head... "GOD IS SPEAKING TO ME!!!" Listened intently to the speech... and I found that it addressed my situation, my worries, my doubts, etc... I sensed that He was telling me to wait on Him again!

Right after the conference was over, Aunty ML passed me an envelope which I later realized that God had provided me another month's of supplies. *thankful and touched* It was indeed a beautiful form of assurance for me that God has listened to my prayers. Later, something came up in my conversation with someone... which I felt could imply that God could have started opening some doors... as an answer to our prayers (Ben's and mine).

Surely, His goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

It was also good to meet up with Natalie, a very dear younger sister-in-Christ.

Lord, today I have been very blessed. Thank You, Jesus.

1 comments:

Ace said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time Meng Huey! God bless. :)

 

Free Blog Counter