Friday, September 24, 2010

Grace Moo - 20/4/2008

"...Season of singleness, and its own myriad of joys... I have truly learnt much, in this beautiful season. There were surely many ups and downs - but one thing stayed constant - God's immense, unfailing faithfulness...that made this season a very sweet season on the whole! I imagine - when that day for me to progress to a whole new season all together finally arrives, there would certainly be a teeny-weeny bit of reluctance to give up the comforts of the past season I have grown so accustomed to! But praise God - more than that, there would be unsurpassed joy and peace, knowing that the Lord had prepared the way for me and that all I've gone through did prepare me to welcome the new season with open arms.

That season I had no one but the Lord
was lonely at times, and I ached for company.
There were many roads I felt hard and long,
and dearly wished someone would walk with me...
There were days I could use a good cry,
but there were no shoulders to cry on.
There were moments I felt like singing
but alas! Nobody sang the same song...
That season I had no one but Him alone
I kept praying for a special friend
Someone who would share my gladness and sadness -
faithful, 'til the very end.
The Lord took my hand, tenderly He drew me close
"Here I am, can't you feel my love?
You've been crying, and I've grieved for your tears
But I've rejoiced and sung about you in My courts above...
Do I not satisfy you more than any lover?
Did my rod and staff not comfort you?
As you walked through the valley of shadow of death...
did you not know that it was I who guided you through?
As the season goes slowly by
Come unto Me and I will give you rest
I will teach you the joy of waiting
As you remember...great is My faithfulness.
Count all other blessings, name them one by one
Upon your life, these I've abundantly poured...
Even as you sow seeds on the grounds I've prepared
Be of good cheer - I promise you a harvest in store!"
That season I had no one but the Lord
was still lonely at times, when I needed company
but I started to hunger for His familiar presence
and the sweetness of praying on bended knee.
There were still many roads I felt hard and long,
but the comfort He gave through new-found friends
was abundantly more than I could have asked or imagined
through every odd and end...
Now perhaps this season might soon adjourn
I shall only remember that it was full of sweetness...
More than anything, the special Friend I've grown to love the most
Nothing would make me love Him any less."

1 comments:

Ray said...

hi,my dear friend,i like this article and bookmark it!thanks for sharing!Best regards!

 

Free Blog Counter