Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday

Everywhere... we are surrounded by many trees...coz the seminary is in the forest! Fresher air than in the town and city, definitely. I am even appreciating the fact that the sun rises super early every day...so I wake up everyday by 6.30am without having to snooze my alarm-clock - because the sun shines directly onto my face... and I absolutely fear freckles! Ample time to bathe, do quiet-time and pray before trooping down to the dining hall with the rest for breakfast. I'm loving it.
The internet connection here still sucks. Here we were, (im)patiently waiting for our emails to 'log-in'... Forget about Skype. Ben and I have kinda given up on skyping already. :( Btw, this corner of the dining room is the closest spot to the router...so the 'we-need-internet-club' members a.k.a Fung Hain, Ruth and I gather here everyday before breakfast, and after lunch, dinner and night-sharing to try and log into our email accounts... Yeah and just that! It's not for fun...I wouldn't mind as much if I couldn't log-into my Facebook account - but we really have got important emails to read and reply.

Anyway....

Thanks for prayers!

Ben is now back in Penang... safe and sound. Tired and blur I suppose... but still, praise God, he's had a smooth journey back home! :)

I am one relieved woman indeed... God be praised. I do get a little nervous when anyone I know gets on a long flight. (To make no mention of loved ones.) Strangely, I don't get nervous when I am the one traveling. In fact, I actually enjoy it... save the complications of course. Like the other day... I was detained at the Amsterdam airport customs (when I was transiting for Poland) for a long time... got "interviewed" by the officers pula. *Gulp* Thankfully, they let me go after a good long hour of waiting outside the investigations room with tachycardia... furiously texting Ben and my dad, and anticipating myself being sent back to Malaysia the way I came...

I am not kidding. I have over-active imagination. At that very moment, I forgot about the reason I had been sent to Poland... :P I had this wild-thought...well, if they did send me back to Malaysia, I'd be able to welcome Ben home... :D ~ hehe... Of course, by God's grace... and obviously, His will (that I stay in Poland for one month), they accepted my answers...and let me pass.

How can anyone suspect someone with such an innocent face like mine could be up to no good in their country? :P I am really innocent. I am!

2 comments:

Kevin Evans Tay said...

i chat with ben yesterday, he's fine... :)

mozozozo said...

:) Understand how u feel bout the time zones thingy...hehe. Glad ur still happy n well fed there in Poland...hope to hear from u regularly!

p.s. And remember our times are only an hour different from each other!! =) huggs

 

Free Blog Counter