Thursday, July 1, 2010

The end of a most intensive month...

It has been an interesting term.

For one thing, it has been pretty intensive... I did 2 weeks of Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm grueling classes... took a week off, to get my bearings right again (for once, my one-week felt like forever - which shows how intensive my first 2 weeks were!) and this week, it was another Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm course. You cannot imagine how exhausting it is race to school early in the morning to rack your brains the whole day, only to have to drive home after school (the journey is about 45 mins in the evening) with a pile of assignments waiting for you at home (in glee, if I may mention). For me, I get so tired in the evenings (even though I love the equipping), that I barely touch my assignments for the first few hours of arriving home. I'd check my emails, take a nap, get some exercise, watch Korean drama on TV, eat my dinner... skype with Ben for a while... and then - I'd begin on assignments till the wee hours in the morning and sleep about 3-4 hours each night. Subsequently, the whole cycle repeats again. Furthermore, I have weekend commitments too. I'm honestly surprised that I haven't fallen sick yet - praise God. It's just my head feels weird every day...and so do my eye-lids! :P Not a pleasant kind of sensation - that's all I can say. Sleep deprived and quiet-time deprived, I can't wait for the term break already... @_@' *Phewww*

Secondly, on top of all the intensiveness, Ben Wong went over to the States for work - which stressed me out in the beginning, because he was a little nervous over the business trip and I was nervous on his behalf too... And then, we had to match our Skype sessions - since he's 15 hours behind my time, it has been a tricky feat... and basically - crazy. Also, with him being away and all, I had to cope with alot of extra responsibilities - not that I mind, but all of them were challenging reminders that I wouldn't see him for a few months... and I really miss him. So it's not fair. I have to leave for Poland before he returns to Malaysia - and my heart sinks every time I think that I have to wait even longer to see him again.

Thirdly, I've been depressed and emotional the whole month due to many reasons. Messed up assignments, assignments that were accidentally or non-accidentally deleted and had to be re-done (yes I am talking about my taped counseling session - this was an accident - and WKC's paper due to the sudden crashing of my thumb-drive)... ministry reasons... Ben reasons... me reasons... a sudden twist in my 'destination' (seriously, I don't know why my life is always like this. Just when I have come to terms that a season of my life will end one particular way, there's always this SURPRISE twist at the end. Not that it is a bad one... but I am not a very adaptable person by nature, so the twist makes me jittery, nervous and unsettled all over again. Haha, you can tell that... I find it very difficult when I am not in control!) But, I have to say... I am so glad and thankful for friends, through whom God showed me His love and favor. You guys know who you are.. :) Thanks!

So yes... that's my STCM 2010 term. Quite memorable, I must say! With this week behind me, I feel like I've grown alot older! *gulp* ... and thinner too. And my dark eye-rings have never been darker! LOL. Will need to start preparing for my Poland mission trip and Maeve will be coming to Penang next week...

1 comments:

Ace said...

Meng Huey, hang in there. :)

Long distance relationships are always difficult, but as long as both sides make the effort it is something that is workable.

 

Free Blog Counter