Saturday, June 26, 2010

Midnight ramblings...

Peace of the Lord... that's one important ingredient of my life.

Without it, I'd feel extremely bothered and dysfunctional.

So what kind of peace is that, you ask...

Well ~ the peace of knowing that He loves me despite my weaknesses and gives me grace to transform.... and that He would not leave nor forsake me. There are no abandoned children in the Kingdom of God.

The peace of knowing that great was His lovingkindness to even the 'bad-eggs' in the Bible, socially unaccepted and outcasts, the orphans, the widows, the mistreated, etc... and His readiness to forgive the repentant through what Christ has done on the cross. Even the thief who accepted Christ's Lordship just before he died... I am sure I will meet this forgiven thief on the other side of eternity.... I am most interested, what made him do it. What did he see, when the rest apparently saw Jesus bleeding, bruised and broken - and hurled insults and condemnation at Him?

The peace of knowing that He would dine with me, just as Jesus dined with the sinners (tax-collectors) 2000++ years ago... that He had high regard for women and children, even while the society in those days did not - He saw them as important people, and gave dignity to them.

The peace of knowing that I've got a purpose to live for in this life He has given me - and that He's not done with me yet. The wonder of marvelling upon this: even while I was in my mother's womb, He already knew me... and it was He, who watched me grow into the baby He knew I'd become even before I was made.

The peace of remembering that as He has been faithful to me in the past, He can surely be faithful to me today... tomorrow... and forevermore.

The peace of God that surpasses all understanding... that would guard my heart and mind in Christ... while I wait on Him to work in my life.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter