Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday randoms

Many things sobered me up pretty much in the past few days. Unexpected news, sudden changes, sad stuff, etc.

...but at least - I've gotten some laughter back. And you know what they say: Laughter is good medicine. I am still laughing over this one conversation I had with Ben at Giant Hypermarket yesterday. I was going to buy a new tub of night cream for the face.

Me: Umm, should I buy the one with whitening properties or the one with *xxxxx* (=something I'd rather keep a secret :P I kinda don't like people knowing what I use on my face. Haha.)???

Ben: Huh??? Whitening!!? *Shocked look* But...but...you are already so fair. Zhong yong gum geh yeh... Lei oi lei geh min fatt gong ah??? (Cantonese-English translation: If you still use that kind of stuff... you want your face to shine/reflect light isit?)

Sorry my cantonese isn't that good either :P

I laughed and laughed. Who knows, my face could even glow in the dark. I ended up buying the face-cream with *xxxxx* in it.

Anyways...

I will be going to Singapore during the May holidays (1st time in 3 years!) to visit a few of my closest friends... beloved, beautiful people, who've been such support to me throughout my studies, ministry (and life!) - my covenant sisters - Laura and Ji. Also, I really desire to personally thank one particular lady, Aunty May Ling (her husband and the rest of the family too), whom I have never met in my life... but who has been so sensitive to God's prompting to support my schooling in so many ways in the past year. Looking forward to this trip. It will be GOOD!

More blogging if I get to finish my research paper on Augustine of Hippo today.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter