Monday, March 22, 2010

Never walk alone...

Woke up nice and early today.

Have to begin on Dr. Sunny and Mr. KC Wong's assignments. Before that...

...today I was reminded of Psalm 131.

'My heart is not proud, LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have calmed my ambitions.
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
both now and forevermore...'

Perhaps a little more than 2 years ago from today, this psalm was particularly comforting to me during an exciting turn of the season... and yet, a time of great turmoil and uncertainty. March 2008 was only the beginning of many challenges, some of which still persist today - albeit in decreasing influence upon the battlefield of my mind. However, I thank God that the sweet blessings in the past 2 years have greatly outnumbered the troubles. I am so grateful for His mercy that keeps me getting up each time I fall, more determined than ever to continue running the race. Every time those troubles come again to present themselves to me bigger than they seem to be, it is so precious to look back at this Psalm, and recollect the values I started out with.

Can I say today, as did 2 years ago - with joy and faith, '...I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content...' ?

O God, please give Your child the joy and faith that would make her strong to say, through her tears... even in her many weaknesses of character, "Yes... yes... and a thousand times, YES!"

Take me as I am, and make me whole. Let the gentleness of my heart return and Your peace reign in it. Inspire me to show grace. Turn the tide of my emotions and help me fix my eyes on the Living Hope - Christ, my Lord. Coz there is nothing too hard for You and if I am with You, should I want anything?

Today, I repent. I may have given in to doubt and the lies of the Enemy. I may have tasted a little defeat, but I have now come to my senses and will not allow the Enemy to confuse me any further. The Lord God Almighty is my Shepherd... who makes me lie down on green pastures, leads me beside quiet waters, refreshes my soul and guides me along the right paths for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for Thou art with me. Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me... Thou has prepared a table for me in the presence of my enemies, Thou anoint my head with oil...my cup overflows. Surely, Thy goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life...

...and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Can the Lord make a blessing lesser by adding sorrow to it? NO. Proverbs 10:22 says, "The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds NO sorrow with it." So trust the Lord, O my soul.

I will always remember the state my heart was in when this song came about.

Every corner, every bend
there's someone He sends to hold your hand
to walk the road,
to brave the cold,
'till the glorious sun arises again
Never changing, ever faithful
is the greatest Lover you'll ever know
Yesterday, today, forevermore...
You'll never walk alone...

There are times,
you'll feel your heart is down
but He places your feet on higher ground
There are times,
when everything goes wrong
but He places in you a new song...

Let us sing,
sing of His love that melts all fears
sing of His presence sweet and dear
He will be our guide,
in Him we'll abide
..and we'll soar up on wings to touch the sky
Sing of His hand that heals me and you
sing of His mercy, free and true
Let us sing and smile
even it's dark for a while
for we will never walk alone...

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter