Monday, February 15, 2010

In the middle of the night...

This has got to be the most boring Chinese New Year ever... @_@' Argh.

(Sorry dad, I didn't mean to make you feel bad :P But I am..... really bored.)

We did not do anything much the whole of today (1st day of CNY). Visits only start tomorrow for some strange reason.

I guess the only highlights of the day were eating uncle's homecooked vegetarian/chap chye soup for lunch... and dad's scallop soup for dinner. (Coz the soups were super yummy. No kidding!) Oh... and me randomly chomping on Chinese New Year cookies ~ out of frank boredom. *Fears the worse for my thighs*

I could have done my seminary assignments... but I just didn't feel like it.
Should have gone shopping or something. But I didn't get to.
Should have done some exercise - but I was way lazy. *groans* Aduuuiiii...

Now I feel fat and unproductive. Crapppsss... Not to mention, a little lonely. What do you expect? One uncle and one dad in the house... and no sister or my-other-half around. Boo hoo. >_<

Oh well. At least I had all the time in the world to read Hudson Taylor's biography (yeah I'm not done) and reflect on God. Got to chat to Zoey on Skype for a while too. And at least Ben called me 2X today to make me feel a little better. I was comforted to hear his voice. Totally appreciate it. Happy Valentines' Day, dearie!

Did I mention? I am already returning to Penang on Tuesday. Sigh. (Sorry for sounding so gloomy) I suppose with all the work I have to do (seminary assignments, fill in the ETOP forms, prepare talk for youths, etc) I couldn't have stayed away from Penang too long anyway.

2 comments:

Ace said...

Happy Chinese New Year, Meng Huey! :)

mozozozo said...

dad's scallop soup....ahhh yummmy!!! :D wish I had been there for cny with the family...n do get skype, will you..??

 

Free Blog Counter