Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hot, hot Thursday...

The weather in Penang is almost unbearably hot. I hope for a refreshing shower of rain here soon. Also.... so that people can't burn rubbish at the back of my flat! Grrrr...

This is what happens behind my flat every evening, since end of last year. I can't even stand sitting in my house without feeling like an animal being smoked out of its cave. It's depressing indeed - especially when I used to have asthma - and I don't want it to flare up, coz I hate using the inhalers. (I am hoping that God provides us an A/C and new window-panes for my living room soon, so that I can close the windows properly and not feel like I am being oven-roasted... ) I shudder to think of the innocent children playing out in the open air without masks or other protective measures. How about the homebound, immobile elderly folks in my block, who cannot afford air-conditioning in the house and therefore cannot possibly keep their windows shut (or they will suffocate)? How about those with respiratory illnesses like COPD or asthma?

Give us a good few years of exposure to air with such bad quality - and the lung cancer cases in C15/16 wards of Hospital Pulau Pinang will be on a steady increase!

Why are people so inconsiderate and ignorant? Gah! Low-cost apartment doesn't mean that you should treat its inhabitants as people with lungs of steel or as people who are saving up for future medical expenses instead of spending our moolah on better facilities and stuff. Where's the love?

Why BURN rubbish outdoors when we've been taught for at least the last 1-2 decades (even back in school) that open-burning is BAD for the environment? Is the weather not hot enough already?

Who do I complain to about open burning? Is it the Bomba?

I have to decide on a research topic for Mr. KC Wong by today. Hopefully!

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Nice sunglasses. You look so cool! Penang is blistering hot eh? What to do, its by the sea ma!! :)

 

Free Blog Counter