Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

Thus begins a very busy week.

Today, I spoke to Dr. Matahari-Y, our academic dean - and he asked me what I was going to do after I graduated from MBTS. I told him that I didn't know yet. He asked me if I had ever considered majoring in Church Music someday - and becoming a Professor in C. Music and lecture. Eeeks. I don't know. I've always wanted to specialize in Church Music (except it wasn't offered in MBTS - so I am doing a pastoral major now) and I absolutely loved Music and Missions - but gosh. D.Min sounds too hi-fi and difficult for me right now *sigh* - I am not sure if I can study anymore after this, haha (I'm getting old and tired) and I am afraid of more thesis-es. M.Div is already scary enough, to make no mention of D.Min - plus I also have alot of other plans on my mind...including getting married soon and having kids whilst being active in ministry. Can't imagine me still studying while I have to run after my kids (and yet I know many who are doing that and are fine :P) to make no mention of doing ministry work. I do mean to support my husband as he pursues God's calling for his life too.

Dr. Matahari-Y laughed when I mentioned this to him >_<' - I wonder if his wife, Dr. R, was ever in my shoes. Their children are doing very well now; I can see how God rewarded their faithfulness in ministry. Oh well, I know God can do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ever ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us... I am not going to look too far at this point of time - but to take baby steps and enjoy the journey. I hope to do more in church this year - especially the youth ministry and CG ministry. The year started well - I pray that I will be fruitful and end well.

Community duties at MBTS have started - and I have been put in charge of the first-aid kits and OTC medications. At least a place to use my medical knowledge and skills :P Gonna meet Dr. Oh next week to discuss what can be done about the neglected meds office...

Did my biblical backgrounds exam just now. Have 18 chapters of OT-survey notes to read now...*gulp*

... and we are going to Ipoh this weekend (along with the Trinity choir) to sing at Canning Garden Methodist Church, as ministry. Tomorrow, we have the last rehearsal!

...yet we will praise Thee...

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter