Friday, December 18, 2009

Is it time to make these...?

...for the New Year?

All my life, I have never believed much in making 'em.

I am not saying they are wrong... But, perhaps, I have never bothered keeping them ever :P ~ those made over the New Year. I don't know why. Throughout the year, I often resolve to change... whenever the Holy Spirit convicts me of something to repent of - so that my life is pleasing to God. But at New Year? I usually make faith-lists, commit the year ahead unto Him, and ask Him to help me grow in all areas.

Heh... but if I were to make one for the year ahead - it would be not to bite (and peel) my fingers of their skins (near the finger-nail). Sorry, I know that is gross - but that's a extremely bad habit I've cultivated since I was a kid in the kindy... I'm not sure if it has got something to do with my subconscious or personal insecurities or what. I do even more of that unconsciously when I am nervous, stressed or emotionally upset. Viciously attack my thumbs with my teeth and fingernails. (Sounds so horrible) In fact, I am always doing it nowadays, so my thumbs are very ugly.

This brings back funny memories... Tailo used to suddenly grab my thumbs just to hold them up in the light, examine their 'interesting' contour...exclaim over my 'creativity' and rebuke me (such a tortured ah mui I was...@_@ ~ but I know, I know... he really cared). I'd squeal and try to wriggle my thumbs out of his grasp, but his grip strength was obviously greater than mine.

Used to peel off all my nails too - but since I've managed to bring that under control and I hardly do it anymore... THERE IS HOPE FOR MY THUMBS!

I'd like to start having pretty thumbs for once ~ to match other pretty bits of myself ~ (ehem, I hope that didn't sound too perasan) therefore my, um... New Year resolutions... would be... not to bite and peel my fingers anymore...

God, please help me.

Friends, please help me... if you see me doing that unconsciously, please remind me: NO PEELING.

5 comments:

mozozozo said...

Haha...uh jie...how did u peel off your NAILS?!

weelyn said...

just be reminded of the RM50..that should motivate you to stop peeling? hehe... :P

btw, your sister, Zoey really looks like you laa..esp in the photo that she put on her profile! when i opened the comments box and saw the picture, at one glance i thought it's you!! beautiful sisters! :)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Haha. Really meh?? @_@ We never used to look alike one leh. Thanks for the compliments:P

sigh...yeah, u know bout the RM50 too?:P

weelyn said...

yup. saw it on his gtalk status, got curious so i asked him.. hehe.. :)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

*Gulp* Hahahaha!!!:D

 

Free Blog Counter