Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday and a provision...

How I started my day - Coffee and prayer journal... Now, my ears are still ringing from the coffee (had no idea that it was so strong)...

Was at church this morning for a Joy Camp meeting... Had to try my hands at creating the crafts we are going to teach the children to do in the next 3 days... to avoid any blurness tomorrow, as much as possible...It was quite fun. Arts and crafts are therapeutic - no matter how simple! Above are 2 Peg Joy Dolls ~ I'd love to make some to decorate my home too... Below is a cool candle-holder made out of recycled mineral water bottles...


Visited the Baptist Bookstore to get some stuff... Something really sweet happened today. I was upstairs browsing the shelves for good reads (as usual) and any useful textbooks to purchase for the sake of my studies. Found Dr. Bill Lawson's book on Biblical Interpretation: 'Ears to hear'...and was really contemplating buying it, since it's a very good book. Also I will be taking Dr. Lawson's BI classes next year onwards. Thought it would be a useful book to have.

While I was milling around that particular bookshelf, a middle-aged lady who had been there all the while, turned around and asked me if I was attending the seminary (there's honestly nothing on me that reads 'Seminary Student' - I seriously hope it's not my humongous eyebags that gave me away!) - and I said yes. Then she asked me how I was financing myself... and I briefly told her. Turned out that she's from Johor, works mostly in Subang Jaya in KL (where I live), and while she's 'passing through' Penang, attends Bukit Mertajam Baptist Church.

Then she smiled kindly at me and said, "Since you are trusting God to provide, put your book on my pile... let me buy it for you..." I was of course overwhelmed and so touched. I also didn't dare to show any interest in other books, till she had left the bookshop! :P

Thank you, sister Kua.

*Gulppppp* God thank You!

This is one of those many times when I feel so blessed for being 'poor' in the eyes of the world and being able to enjoy the beauty of God providing my needs mercifully, graciously and faithfully... even though I may not be a faithful steward of His gifts at times... @_@ God, help me be more faithful.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Amen for that! :)

Pig said...

Oh my! for a moment I'm just lost for words! :D Such an amazing provider He is! :D and yes..a big big AMEN for that! :D


P.s: and says who eyebags are bad eh? :P hehe

 

Free Blog Counter