Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Joy Camp begins today...


This reminds me of my prefect days back in high school...when I used to sit behind all the students during the school assembly, to catch people who buat bising and tell them to senyap.

*Grits teeth, silently screams and endures*

Kids are cute. They make the funniest statements. They can look like angels. But they also can be bundles of naughtiness, mischief, snotty noses and smart-aleck-ness... Spoiled brats too... seriously. ARGH. Not all. Just a handful.

I feel like I have been so bullied today... I'm not sure if I will ever make a good school teacher. But oh well... some form of hands-on training is always good. 2 more days to get myself used to them.

I always feel so bad and guilty whenever I have to give someone else's kid the stern look and tell him firmly to stop misbehaving/disrupting the rest of the group. Can't be all nice and smiley there... or they will take advantage of that. Stare-downs don't work on the older kids though. The group Dr. Mah and I were teaching consisted of 10-11 year olds. It can get a little out of control at times, because some think that they are too smart to listen to what you say.

One kid was rather resentful... I got rudely pummeled by his fists! :( That was the end of me telling him to stay in the hall during games session and not wander around the church grounds. I left him to check out the caterpillars in the bushes nearby, keeping an eye on him... just in case he got kidnapped... @_@ Sigh. (I am so, so glad that he's not in my class!:P)

Sigh, at least there are many good and well-behaved children to balance it out...

Don't know what makes the little boys sooooooo energetic! Is it what they put into their milk powder nowadays?

Was exhausted after the first day had ended. Will try again tomorrow.

Taking a breather in the car...

1 comments:

Meg said...

Good job teacher Grace!:-)

 

Free Blog Counter