Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Love... love... love...

I have been struggling to love one person lately (I assure you, btw, that this is NOT my boyfriend! LOL).

When I say struggling... I mean bigtime, major STRUGGLING. I do not know how to explain this better - but it has really affected me in the past few weeks or so. I was faced with many temptations and it was very emotionally draining. Downright depressing at times.

Of course, it wasn't just this person's fault alone! Actually, it was more of my bad. I must admit that I was too proud to humble myself and put this person's interests before my own. I was at times, even, a little resentful. However, I now know that God indeed has a beautiful purpose for this friendship! :) ~ because He spoke to me about it today.

I know that I earnestly yearn and long to love this person more.

I also pray that our friendship would grow from strength to strength.

Today, I spent some time with Ben after we were done with MLM training at church. He was very sweet. Sat there quietly to listen to my incessant heart confessions. Later, when I had finished pouring my heart out, he reminded me of God's Word in 1 Corinthians 13 regarding love. I thought it was a very timely reminder. Straight to the point. I felt as if it was God Himself, putting His finger on the very things I had been struggling with in my friendship with this person. Particularly verses 4-5:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

I was greatly stirred.

God, please help me to love this person with a love that always gives, protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres and never fails. Make me a good friend, encourager and a blessing to this person. In Jesus' name, amen.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter