Thursday, October 29, 2009

Love is the golden chain that binds...

Firstly, you are welcome to feast your eyes on some GREEN pictures - taken of the view right outside my classroom in Block B. Hehe....

What an amazing, rich shade of green! I could stare at this the whole day and not feel sick of it.

Tried to spot our resident monkeys - but they were nowhere to be found...

Block A, the canteen...and the slopes leading up to the library...

Today, I woke up extremely heavy-eyed (so what's new? :P) but my heart felt strangely warm. I actually felt glad waking up. And I don't even know why!

I am so excited to get all my assignments done and handed up. @_@' Can't wait to get them out of sight and out of mind. ARGH!

Last night, I handed up the assignments due on the 30th of October. Today, my Ketubim journal assignment is due - I am going to put in some final touches to it and then it's going straight to Dr. Anderson!

On the 6th of November, 2 more big, fat assignments are due... and on 14th November, my last batch of assignments (Music and missions) for this term is due. Whoa. Can't wait 'til then. Next week's gonna be CRAZY (what with our seniors' graduation party, convocation and Hua Xia commissioning - in which I am going to be involved) ~~~ so I'm TRYING to finish as much work as I can this weekend. Makes sense? :)

A dear brother, Yeh Han, sent me the words to this beautiful hymn (by Joseph Swain) yesterday night, which I really appreciate. Thanks, Han! :) Love the song. Love the meaningful words. Love the reminder it brings that we should bear one another's burdens - as brothers and sisters in Christ - and show one another love.
  1. How sweet, how heav'nly is the sight,
    When those who love the Lord
    In one another's peace delight,
    And so fulfill His Word:
  2. When each can feel his brother's sigh,
    And with him bear a part;
    When sorrow flows from eye to eye,
    And joy from heart to heart;
  3. When, free from envy, scorn and pride,
    Our wishes all above,
    Each can his brother's failings hide,
    And show a brother's love;
  4. When love, in one delightful stream,
    Through every bosom flows;
    When union sweet, and dear esteem,
    In every action glows.
  5. Love is the golden chain that binds;
    The saints Thy grace thus prove.
    And he is glory's heir that finds
    His bosom glow with love.

What is love - but that which makes one lay down his/her life for another?

God, help me to deny my silken self every day and not neglect to love.

Anyway...

I am not sure if I can make it down to Ipoh on the 14th Nov for the MSCS (MCSC?:P) conference at Ipoh Methodist Girls' School. But I would love to go, if I could.

Another medley of music practices tomorrow afternoon, after school and lunch. Then... I will need to go and do some shopping in town for some much needed necessities.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter