Wednesday, October 28, 2009

E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-O-N...

...mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually... etc. So much so that I feel that my 'dark side' wants to pop up every now and then...

An exhausting day.

Classes, mission-team chapel sharing, classes again...followed by luncheon... and 3 different music practices.

Today, yet another pair of my shoes broke (since I entered MBTS in June!) - Thank God that there was a spare pair of sandals in my car ~ after dragging my feet (and broken shoe) around school the whole morning and finding it a nuisance, I did not mind walking barefooted to my car in between classes just to retrieve the spare pair.

Yes, you got it right. Down the slopes of MBTS and across the main road to the basketball court/students' parking lots, where my car was parked. Barefooted. Was careful not to step on the 'land mines' :P. Saw some monkeys watching me curiously from their seats in the trees ~ I've gotta confess... that I was a little embarassed! >_<

Bumped into Dr. Herbert, who had come to the seminary to talk to Dr. Sunny. It felt a little like meeting an old friend!:)

Today, Dr. Jeff reminded us that contrary to what people think, it is so much easier for any seminary student to back-slide in his/her faith... especially when Bible study becomes one-sidedly mechanical, professional and ministry-orientated. It is easy for one to assume that just because he/she is preparing a sermon or academic teaching using a certain passage of the Bible, he/she has spent time with God. What a mistake!

2 comments:

mozozozo said...

u were not embarassed when d students saw u...but when u saw the monkeys watching u curiously from the trees??

Grace-Melody Moo said...

yeah:P

 

Free Blog Counter