Saturday, September 19, 2009

One more day...

... till a special someone leaves for England.

Zoey. My sister. A dearest friend. My childhood playmate and comrade.

We've shared a room before. Played together. We've quarreled and fought over the silliest things just like any good sibblings do - but we always reconciled after that. We've cried together. Laughed together. We've dreamed and cried over broken dreams. We've had our long chats (that continued over the telephone after I left home in year 2003), shopping trips, movies and holidays together. Supported one another in one another's battles. I wouldn't have pulled through the many years of eating disorders without my sister's continual support, encouragement and love.

Actually I feel that she has been more of an older sister to me - through my ED days.

We are total opposites. She's sanguine when I am totally not sanguine. She's brilliant at public speaking and I am not. She's good at crowds when I am shy and reserved. She loves chatting online, when I have no particular affection towards that. We never even looked alike, until the recent years - when we started spotting some similarities! She is much better at verbal expression than I am. I think she's more of a David and I am more of a Jonathan... in many ways.

She's an excellent musician. Sweet-voiced vocallist. Creative designer. Good in her studies. Hardworking night-owl. A talented actress. Dedicated servant of God. Godly, funny, beautiful, authentic, crazy. Weird in her own ways. Haha.

And so...

I feel like **** not going back to KL to send her off.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Dearie,

I feel you dear :) Aww... both our blog is about saying byebye to our younger sister :) Anyway, come let me give you a big big hug!!!!

Love,
Lydia

Grace-Melody Moo said...

hehe...thanks Lydia!!!

kevrlee said...

..I'll miss her too... :')

mozozozo said...

I'm here! Using the wifi of my info centre..muahaha..love you too jie..I know we'll always be close no matter where we are..n i'm not as good at verbal expression as you think:D

 

Free Blog Counter