Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ministry bytes...

Skipped Hebrews language class. *Guilty look* Won't be taking it. Thought long and hard about it last night. Then I chose to let it pass - since it is not my priority now.

But I am promising myself - that if it is Greek, I won't miss it. Promise.

Thought of the day...

Ministry, like any other work you'd normally do for a living, requires commitment.

There is... a need for refresher's courses from time to time, to sharpen, develop and revolutionize certain skills; to prime gifts.

...A need to invest time, thought, energy (and sometimes money) into learning new things, churning up creative new ideas, scouting for appropriate props, practicing skills, reflection and building relationships. Oh, not forgetting of course... the ad hoc, difficulties and certain 'inconveniences' that come with ministry sometimes.

...A need for spiritual disciplines that align one's will with God's. Prayer, quiet-time, retreats, Bible-reading, etc.

Most importantly, ministry needs to be out of the overflow of one's love for God, a heart of worship and the willing commitment of his/her entire being to serve Him. Without these, it would indeed be difficult to be passionate during trials, let alone being humble in better times!

At least, I... would find it difficult. Way, way difficult. I already found it tough enough to stay cheerful and complaint-less when faced with challenges of full-time ministry last year. Hehe... :P But it must have been by God's grace that I stayed. Also, thanks to the amazing support and encouragement my friends and family gave.

It is marvellous how much God can do with just a willing heart to serve. If you have one, offer it up to the Lord! :) Even if you don't see the resources yet. Or the path to walk.

Is this not our Father's world? He is more than able to make resources mysteriously appear. And as much as He has done for many of us, He will do the same for you.


Anyway...

I'm so looking forward to meeting up with Pst. Ida for tea next week! We've postponed our meet-up for the longest time, ever since I can remember... um... like.. for a year? :P

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter