Sunday, September 27, 2009

The injured gets more injured...

Had an accident today - spraining my left foot and worsening a pulled ham-string in the process.

I don't know how the ham-string got pulled (sometime in the past week). Looks like the injury worsened - and now it spasms like mad every time my ham-string muscles have to work. No kidding. I got up in the wee hours in the morning to make a trip to the bathroom... and the intense, severe pain in my right leg woke me up for good.

I caught myself groaning in pain. And I decided that it was clearly NOT a dream! @_@

Then the accident...

Now, it hurts to walk. Or more accurately - hobble. Sometimes the pain brings tears to the eyes.

I feel frail, weak, depressed and disappointed with myself for being so clumsy.

Sorry if this post sounds sappy :P ~ and filled with self-pity.

Ok. Well, look on the bright side... I still can hobble. And I did not break my coccyx / tailbone / toes from the impact of the fall. Or sprain my wrist. Or re-trigger the infamous back pain I suffered last year. And I've got a wonderful nurse... :D Got to thank God for ALL that!:) ~

...Lord, help me remember those who are in greater pain, greater disabilities and those who are lonely in their infirmities.

I am just wondering now how I am going to cope with walking around in school - when we've got steep slopes and steps everywhere...

6 comments:

mozozozo said...

:S You have quite a knack of hurting urself lah jie =( who's your nurse btw? Hope you get well soon...

Kevin Evans Tay said...

Joseph and I can carry you, he hold your feet and i hold ur hold... swinging to the library or class :P

will pray for you
God Bless

tairvlyn said...

oh dear! OUCH...must be very painful.
will keep you in prayers!
Dear Lord, please heal dear sister Grace, remove the pain in Jesus Name! Amen!

Grace-Melody Moo said...

@Zoey: Yeah, dunno why so accident prone lately..
@Tairvlyn: I'm much better today, thanks!
@Kevin: No thanks!:P But much appreciated thought!

Lydia said...

Alamak! Im sorry to hear that. Will pray for speedy recovery :)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

@Lydia : Thanks, girl!:)

 

Free Blog Counter