Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Packing...and packing....

90% packed. And yikes, I ended up with 4 bags. No kidding!

Bag no. 1 = clothes for more than a week *sweat* (it was very hard work to select the clothes to bring, ok!) + towel

Bag no. 2 = my personal first-aid and emergency kit with the usual stand-by medicines, heels (can't be wearing slippers in church, hey...), mosquito repellent (v.v.important!) I'm mozzy bites prone...), toiletries bag (v.v.v.important!!), make-up pack @_@, a pack of wet-wipes, and other miscellaneous items that couldn't fit into Bag no. 1. LOL.

Kevin T. called me last night to check on me - and he reminded me, "Sandakan is not that ulu, ok! It's like Kampar...perhaps a bit bigger..." Therefore, I purposely neglected packing some things I can buy when I go there - especially stuff for the 2nd half of the trip when we won't be in Sandakan, but the outskirts of Lahad Datu, sort of.

Bag no. 3 = laptop bag and stationery

Bag no. 4 = my usual slung-on-one-shoulder bag for water bottle, books, important personal docs, lip balm, tissues and hand sanitizer...

I don't know why but I feel so vain somehow. Perhaps it is because I thought 2 bags would have sufficed...before I started packing. Now, I have 'over-exceeded' my own limit! (I'm bringing even more bags than I would on a holiday!) But Bag no. 1 cannot be expanded further, Bag no. 2 is a must, and so are Bags no. 3 and 4 :P The good news is that I restrained myself from bringing a small hand-bag!:D Hehe.

Tuesday randomzzz...

Today, I realized that I forgot to buy a few personal items for the MT... so I had to go shopping again :(

You know how some shop assistants are over-enthusiastic - they keep approaching you to introduce you the 'special promotions' in the shop although the promotions are clearly displayed on tags and signs, follow you around the store and whenever you get your hands on something, they persuade you to try it on, although you are just checking it out randomly. I honestly think personal assistance is great - but only when needed and requested. I understand that these people are doing their job...but they disrupt my peace and quiet while I shop. Often I get distracted and either end up buying something that I don't need or FORGET to buy the very things I need. I found the perfect tactic to keep them away today. Practically paraded the shopping centre with a face-mask on the whole afternoon - to protect myself from H1N1 virus. Not only did this keep the shop assistants away. (They came forward as they always do...then when they saw the mask covering my nose and mouth, they'd stop short and smile nervously at me from afar...As you can imagine, I was overjoyed! :P) It also made the other shoppers very cautious - and they would keep away too.

Sorry people. I'm not infectious... but I really needed my own space today!

2 comments:

Kevin Evans Tay said...

hahaha... 4 bags??? cool o.O

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Please don't laugh :( But it's hardly enough:P Heheh...

 

Free Blog Counter