Friday, August 14, 2009

One fond memory...

This picture was taken more than a year ago... when I was busy preparing for my med&surg finals and I had no time to even pack my clothes properly into the wardrobe... Everything was just thrown in higgledy-piggledy without being folded! Wardrobe was in a disastrous mess (it honestly looked like I bombed it - could have buried an animal underneath all)... and when Ben opened it one day when he came to visit me (I can't remember why he had to open it), clothes rained down profusely like sand from a disintegrating sandcastle when someone kicks it! *Gulp*

I, with my wild imagination, was not only ashamed (*sob,sob*) and horrified that he had seen World War I and II in my wardrobe... but also terrified that he would leave me for being such a slob. But thankfully he didn't. The next time he came (oh yeah, he came back!:D), he brought along a portable ironing board (I'm not sure what my housemates thought about that!), sat down without a word in front of my wardrobe (you can see its wooden door in the picture above) on the dusty floor, and proceeded to iron my clothes diligently - while I was studying away. Or more like, tried to study - I was so touched *sobs again* and paiseh -because it was a massive pile of clothes indeed! In fact, he did a much better job ironing that I would have done myself! (If you think I'm a sucker for neatness, I think Ben is 10 times neater than I am.)

In short, I had very nicely pressed clothes to wear to school the many days that followed (felt like they were so bathed in love)... and because I was so ashamed of myself, I made sure I at least folded the clean laundry and packed them neatly into my wardrobe after that...

Note: Ok I hope Ben does not read this post... and see the pictures... because he is going to be very traumatized... but I really love what he did... and I did feel very loved indeed!:)

Having said all that, I am really not that untidy! :D Haha. It was just the med&surg finals. I love cleaning. I assure you, my house is tidy now (except for my study desk - I am never good at keeping my work-station neat.. I love to throw books and papers around, and I hate putting away my stationeries when I am still not finished with them - In that case, I am kinda never finished with them!:D). Sure, it gets a bit dusty at times, when I am rushing assignments... but I make sure I clean it properly after that because I'm allergic to dust (-mites) - they give me rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, eczema and asthma... and I hate seeing hair on the floors of my house! Eeeeeks.

Nevertheless, I was very surprised and glad that during our MPC class a few months back, when we were supposed to discuss who does what when we are married (eg. deal with the cars, housework, cooking, planning for hols, grocery-shopping, admin, etc), and we came to the part of "Who will do the housework", I put down my answer as "Me"- but Ben put down his answer as "Both of us"! *phew*

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Ben is really an amazing guy!I pray may your relationship with each other grow in depths, lengths, width and strengths. Such a wonderful future husband to be. :)

Pig said...

how sweet! U're one lucky girl! *envy envy envy*

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Yes, yes...I feel very blessed:)

tairvlyn said...

wah, Ben is so loving! so sweet of him... you're so blessed to have him.. :)

 

Free Blog Counter