Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Three and counting...

For the third time in 1.5 months, someone has asked me this: "Are you from China?"

Today, very weirdly, I was eating lunch in school when a girl from China came up to sit behind me. With a friendly smile, she asked me in Mandarin where I was from. With my unfluent Mandarin (which I have no doubt, would have led anyone to think that I am from anywhere but China), I asked her curiously, where did she think I was from. She answered, "You must be from China. Are you from Suzhou?"

I nearly choked on my rice. Did a double-take, then laughing (I'm pretty sure you guys must be pretty amused too:P), I told her that I am Malaysian - to which she was really surprised. I did ask her where Suzhou was - and she told me it is a popular tourist destination in China. I have a good mind to visit that place someday, and see if I look like any of the girls over there @_@ Oh well, anyway, it was good to make a new friend - Elizabeth :)

Btw, I honestly, honestly don't think I look like I came from China!

Had an extremely late night yesterday, thanks to my Bible Interpretation assignments which were due this morning. Had a nightmare in the night (felt like the whole dream was pretty depressing, evil and eerie), then this morning, I had a little emergency in the morning, resulting in me stepping into class 20 minutes late, just in time for the end of a quiz *SWEAT* - which I must have completed in 2 minutes or so (gosh, I wonder what grade I got for that! - thanks, Bro James for giving me paper to write on!). Phew! Anyway, thank God that I did get to do the the test. The rest of the day went quite well, although many of us were SO fatigued after our late night. Had a mission team meeting after classes in the evening - and Vanessa did a very relevant sharing on 1 Kings. We prayed together, and then I drove home half in a daze!

Currently, I'm sitting at home trying to relax:P Sipping coffee...and having a rest before I do my 2nd round of burning midnight oil. This is so not funny. Thursday, we have a worship practice for Tuesday chapel... I am the worship leader, and I haven't completed the song-sheets yet! But thank God, for the most co-operative musicians! In need of alot of God's strength and grace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got you in my prayers, dear girl! I guess it's already over there, but I hope you had a blessed time leading worship!
Oh, and lol abt the China comments...I get that too, but only from ignorant non-Asians who think every ASian MUST be from China!
p.s. do you have facebook?

Pig said...

Sounds like it's getting a little bit more challenging this week. More assignments due in short time. Will keep you in prayers. Dont let anxiety block your mind :) Chill..and really soak in His grace. I'm sure you'll do perfectly fine in your quizzes..tests...assignments..leadings and etc..etc..etc... :)

And...I think to a certain extent..U do look a bit like tai lok mui..hahahahaha... I guess not all China Chinese speaks good mandarin :P Most likely Suzhou folks dont! LOLx!!

Pls drive carefully ya esp when you're already so tired!! :) Offer to nap at Polar Bear's is still open :)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Sophia: Yeah, I do...dropped a comment on ur blog:) Thanks for the prayers!

Pig: Tai lok mui?!?;P what la. where got?:P Thanks for prayers! See u in choir tonight!

 

Free Blog Counter