Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stuck... The clock continues to tick on...

I'm currently stuckus in my work, and have no idea how to go on... Sucks. In my growing impatience, panic and desperation, I remembered that as Rome was not built in one day. Let's hope that my workshop material will come together by the end of this month. God, help me!

Had a short half-an-hour nap to try and sleep off the consequences of coffee-overdose (oooops!!!), walloped a beh teh sor (wasn't hungry - just peckish) and here I am sitting at the PC again.

Many other distracting thoughts on my mind today. All of them have got nothing to do with my studies or mission trip - but important stuff nonetheless. This has got to be a season of learning how to trust God in patience, joy and surrender! It is so difficult waiting without whining and telling the Lord to speed things up! Haha. But I realize that nobody can learn to trust Him without being put through such a discipline... and yeah, God's timing is perfect. He makes all things beautiful in His time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11) We've got to remember that.

One powerful story in the Bible that truly encouraged me yesterday. John 2:1-11. I love it! The story of how Jesus, His disciples and Mary were at a wedding party, when the hosts ran out of wine. Jesus provided them new wine in a most unusual way. He told the servants to fill mere stone jars (which were used for ceremonial washings by the Jews), 6 of them each able to hold up to 20-30 gallons, with pure water to their brim... which they faithfully and obediently did. Then He said, "Now, draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet."

So Jesus chose vessels which were not originally designed for the intended purpose (to store wine) to brings out the provisions of God! And He turned the fruit of the servants' faithful obedience into channels of blessings! What a miracle!

I dearly would have liked to watch the scene that followed, live - for myself! The master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned to wine, and not knowing where the wine came from, he called the bridegroom aside and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first, and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now!" Basically, the banquet master was saying, "This is the best wine I've tasted! Why only serve it now?"

Wow! Praise God! His provisions are definitely way better than what we can provide for ourselves with our own human efforts! What a promise. Let us then be faithful with the little we have.

This story gave me a lot of encouragement to wait on God this week. Not for financial provisions for my studies this time! But for another need so big that I can't imagine how I'll be able to find resources for it. But with God, if it is according to His purposes, then all things are possible! My prayer is that He would show me what to fill my 'stone jars' with that He may turn its contents from nothing into something. May His will be done.

Zoey, thanks for the email! Needed that :)

Meeting up with a younger sister in Christ, Rachel, tomorrow! :) Something to cheer me up in the midst of operasi memerah otak.

4 comments:

kevrlee said...

Amen! Believing God that He will bring in His miraculous (and most of the time unexpected) blessings over your life!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Grace! I am sure God will provide everything you need in His perfect time...Remember, He knows more than us, and His time travels in eternity!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Grace! I believe God will provide the best in His most perfect time! Just trust in Him! He might just be waiting for you to stop being impatient! ;-)

mozozozo said...

Jie..I admit I did whine to God and ask Him to speed it up :P hehe but I know that His timing is still the best, as always He knows best as ur fren wrote :) and it'll be awesome for you at that right time...muaksss :D

 

Free Blog Counter