Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last week in pictures...

Was trying to rush my assignments last week...Took alot of breaks in between...
A huge pear that took me ages to get through:P
Vitamins to boost my immune system...my health's a little messed up at the moment. (Again)
Sales, sales, sales everywhere... but I didn't get anything... since I'm on a tight budget :D

Had a crazy but good weekend.

Weekend Metrojaya Warehouse Sales at Pisa...It was crazy. We went twice. First time, just Ben and myself... Second time, with Ben's parents, who were as crazy about the sales as we were... Even it's sekadar kia-kia. They bought even more stuff than we did. (Well I didn't, but Ben did buy something...) ~ And I received an unexpected pressie too:) My very first bottle of Escada EDP!:) Love it! Thanks, Ben!
Alot of people...

Church on Sunday morning...
What I did after dinner on Sunday evening...PS II. (I know, I haven't changed out of my church out-fit yet, except for the shorts ~ wore jeans to church:P). Not very good at it, but it was fun. My characters kept losing to Ben's.*Not fair!!!!*

Went on a trip to Taiping on Monday, since Ben had a day-off, and I didn't have classes. More people were supposed to come, but later, they dropped out last minute as they had other stuff to do.
Drove there with the help of Ben's trusty (but sometimes confusing/confused) GPS...
We had lunch at Larut Matang foodcourt. Char kuey teow... Looks and tastes so different from the ones I usually eat in Penang or KL...
Hokkien mee... Ben says he prefers the one back in Penang...I have no comment, because I'm not a good judge of hokkien mee anyway.
Eat, eat, eat...
Yummy rojak...although the sour mangoes were REALLY SOUR!
Almost done with the eating :P

Had an interesting toilet-experience before we left the place... :P Aside from that, we bought really good beh teh sor and brown sugar biscuits from one of the stalls...

Walking around on the streets of Taiping town...A very peaceful town.
At the Taiping Museum...


Inside the museum...
At the War Cemetery... where all the pahlawan-pahlawan yang terbunuh semasa peperangan were buried...

We went up Maxwell Hill on a jeep.. It was a tormenting, killer ride. The roads were steep and narrow, not to mention bumpy too. Ben and I promised ourselves that we will never go up there again for some time. Pic above: The top station... *PHEW!!!*
Climbing the steep slopes... Somewhat like those at MBTS...
Smiling despite the nausea... Soon after that, it was time for us to take the jeep down the hill again. @_@ *Sweats* Thus began a second round of torment...
Upon touching down at the base, we scrambled to a nearby Malay shop to drink hot milo...to settle our unsettled stomachs...
Nearly pengsan-ed ady...
Our next stop: TAIPING ZOO. My favourite animals first on the list! The elephants!!!:) ~ They rawk!!!
Rhinos...
Seladang. I don't know what you call this in English.. but it's a gigantic looking buffalo... with horns that look dangerous:P But nevertheless, a beautiful seladang.
Girraffes...placidly eating leaves (grassy looking ones) from the tree...
Ostrich - coming closer to say Hallo!:)
The Orang Utan, doing his 'poses' for his admiring audience to capture on photographs!

The deer were tame enough for Ben to feed grass and even pat their heads!:)

Bearded pigs...Honestly they looked like a cross between the Terrier and a pig. With the beard, a very uncle-ish version of your regular pig.
The bear was adorable and friendly... I just feel very kesian for him and his partner, having to live in the 'pen' for the rest of his life... This applies to other animals as well...

This is the famous Taiping Lake in the Lake Gardens... we had initially intended to just go and look-see, but guess what we ended up doing?
Well, not swimming... but we took turns to paddle and manouevre the boat around the huge lake...:P Hehe. *Huff, puff!!!* It was really fun and therapeutic.



Loved the trees and greens...

Our lake-swan...:)
Some of the cute paddle-boats lined up in a row...

We arrived back in Penang at 10pm at night. Exhausted but very thankful for the good weather, good traffic flow, etc. Thank You, God for a blessed trip.

On the whole, our Taiping trip was amazing. Even though I wish our friends could have come along :)

What I liked about the trip: It was very relaxed. No set itineraries, no formalities... we drove around alot, and stopped wherever looked interesting. Tried out the local food and delicacies too. I definitely like Taiping's beh teh sor more than Ipoh's or Penang's.

What I disliked about the trip: The killer, nausea-inducing journey up Maxwell Hill (Bukit Larut)... :S Never, never again...

On a separate note, my house has been smelling strangely like the hospital in the past few days, after Friday's cleaning spree... I suppose you'd think I'm nuts... but, hey... me likey!:) (I'm quite a sucker for sterilization, hand sanitizers, hand washing, anti-bacterial detergents and things like that...I know, I almost sound like I have OCD ~*Grins* ~ but thankfully, some 'hospital habits' are slowly disappearing, and I'm well on my way to becoming a more 'normal' person.)

2 comments:

kevrlee said...

What PlayStation 2 game were u playing?? ;P

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Ummm, some boxing game and another racing car game.. Gosh, I'm bad with names...

 

Free Blog Counter