Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Thursday already, people!!!

My exam results are out! Although I made a few ridiculous mistakes here and there - which made me crack-up laughing when I saw them (Dr. Lee returned me my marked exam papers today), praise God that it was still a pretty amazing score :) He must have really helped me, for I was sick and all during that time. I'm contented. Thanks for the prayers, people!

I'm not so concerned about scores though. Perhaps age is catching up and I'm no longer as kiasu as I was back in school and A-levels. Perhaps even, this was the change med-school brought upon me! I don't know, but I am now more concerned about learning the things I have to learn, how to apply what I've learnt and how to serve God with a spirit of joy and excellence. It's been an exciting time so far - and more interesting things are coming up. Will blog about them when they do.

It looks like God is finally opening up many new doors in the area of ministry which have been previously shut. I'm so thankful for the grace He gave me to wait not go ahead of Him in any way, and to stay still and silent until He said, "Go!!!"

In fact, nobody should go ahead of God before He says, "Go!" A wrong thing is always wrong. But the right thing at the wrong time is still wrong. Um, I learnt this the difficult and painful way... once upon a time. The right things at the right time, God blesses - and we bear fruit.

A stanza from Hillsong's 'Still' that really touched me today:

Find rest my soul
in Christ alone,
Know His power
in quietness and trus
t...

Sang it over and over again. Can't seem to get tired of this beautiful song.

Google map - Last night, I had loads of fun travelling 'around the world' using its satellite (thanks to Ben's wonderful ideas!:P) You can zoom-in and when you are really close to the earth, you can even see houses, roads, rivers and stuff - labelled neatly. I even went as far as to 'tour' the Red Sea which God gave Moses the power to part, so the Israelites could cross it! Hehe. It was that fascinating! When I have kids of my own, I think I will surely let them use the Google map when they have to start learning geography. It is more fun and interactive!
Gosh, things are so convenient nowadays.

Anyway, I am that kind of person who thinks that learning and lessons should not be just books and homework... although I like homework.. and honestly loved tuition (what a geek!) I heart field-trips, visits to museums or historical places, orchestras and concerts, ballet, musicals, nature walks, educational computer games (Adventure in Math was a sure hit with us back in my childhood days... and so was Digger. Ehem!!!), documentary shows (National Geographic, Discovery channel, etc) and other activities, in which you can learn alot from participating. Hands-on, team-building, etc...

One word - FUN!!!

I can imagine what kind of mum I would be like...

Ulcers in my mouth again, and a sore-ish throat. Looks like it's time to buy Vitamin C.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter