Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The weekend, and Mother's Day celebration...

From left to right: Louise, Jane, Peky, me, Angeline, Chee Tyan, Wee Lyn

Was a great weekend indeed. Felt a little sorry when it had to come to an end. I have been looking forward to the WTR for a long, long time - so when it finally came, it was pure indulgence! *blissful sigh* The company of my brothers and sisters in Christ, a nice room (although our bathroom would be flooded after every shower!), a fantabulous roommate, fellowship, Dr. Herbert's sermons/sharing, worship, times of reflection, fun and games, food, late-night Uno-games, mamak session(s), etc, etc. It was such a refreshing weekend. For one thing, I have been feeling very tired of late - and this WTR gave me a fresh touch from the Lord in many ways.

I think I even enjoyed this year's retreat more than the one last year (at Pulau Jerejak Resort). I remember myself going for the last one with depression coz I had just lost my wallet along with my important documents inside (which subsequently gave me alot of headache reapplying), I was cross with someone, it rained all the time in Jerejak and etc, etc. Hehe. Thankfully, God did not short-change my faith in going, and I had a marvellous time - made many new friends too. But this year, somehow, I was more mentally and emotionally prepared for the WTR - so, it sorta benefitted me more, I feel.

Sunday, we were back from WTR flopped out - and spent the rest of the day doing a little gardening (and feeding the mozzies) at Mini Taman Negara, watching Hong Kong TVB series on DVD, dinner at Chopper Board QB and then we watched X-Men: Wolverine at GSC.

Yummy Chopper Soup at Chopper Board Restaurant

We just had a Mother Day's celebration last night for Ben's mum:) We could have had an earlier celebration (on Sunday), but Ben's dad was away that evening, and his mum didn't think she would enjoy MD's celebration as much without him around (awww........so sweet...... >o<) - so we waited til' last night. The whole family - including Xu Wen (James' gf) and me - went for a meal at Nippon Yataimura restaurant at Queensbay Mall. Didn't take any photographs (what a pity), but it was a great time, the parents tried all kinds of new foods, and I think Ben's mum was truly blessed. Hehe. She even eagerly offered to pay the bill at the end of our meal, rationalizing that since it was Mother's Day, she, as the mother, would be able to pay the bill - *pengsan* - which of course, we wouldn't allow her for words! Ben quickly went to the counter to settle the bill, before his mum could do anything funny. All of us went for kai kai after dinner was over.

Ben's mum, whom I affectionately call 'Auntie', is one of the most amazing mothers I've known. I can testify that, coz she's been such a mother to me. I feel that even while my mum has gone home to the Lord ages ago, He has been very gracious and merciful to bring another 'mother' like Auntie into my life - and I am very comforted. Sometimes, while it makes me very paiseh and guilty (I seriously don't feel that I deserve all that:P) when she sacrificially goes so many extra miles to pamper me and give me so much tender-loving-care (seriously one ok - it's like....you know the Cantonese proverb, "Sek toe ngo loong..."? - which means 'Sayang me until I hangus/burn'), I feel really touched and blessed. The many wonderful meals she's cooked for me, the things she'd offer to do, the times when I was ill and she'd make me porridge, she buys fruit for me every weekend and is never hesitant to share with me whatever she finds yummy, the funny things she's said and done that brought laughter and cheer to my heart, her support for me in many ways (that helped me get through the past year especially), etcetera, etcetera... Amazing woman. It humbles me that although she's not a believer yet (we are still praying for her salvation), she does emulate the Proverbs 31 woman in many ways - and is such beautiful inspiration to me. Not to mention, she's such a hospitable person to our friends whenever they come over to Ben's place for CG on Saturday nights! (Ben's dad as well - they are one amazing couple who lovingly treat me like one of the family!)

Love you very much, Auntie. Happy Mother's Day!

That was my Mother's Day this year.

I'm on leave today from work.

3 comments:

Aoki said...

I feel so much love. FEEL IT BABY!! *love is in da air*.

Eh, sooner or later you're gonna call her mommy! Ahem Ahem *lydia clears throat*

Neway isnt God amazing? Showing His love through people around us! I'll soon be back blogging soon, girl!

Miss u heaps!!

Pig said...

Cookies..U're indeed truly blessed to have such a lovely half-mum :D And indeed indeed..I agwreee with Lydia... do I hear the bells ringing? The wedding march playing?? :D hahaah.. I WANNA BE 'FLOWER PIG'!! :P

BTW, the 1st pic..I'm so glad my hand blocked my body...i think I shouldnt have bend down :P

and i have to say I enjoy this year's retreat more too. maybe bcos I've gone thru a lot and experienced God in so many different ways. Last yr, it just felt more like a 'getaway' :) But u know what..it was last WTR that I actually get to know you :) :) I'm so happy!! :D But now i'm really sad...cos I dunno if you'll forget me and only remember ur tong hok zai(s) :(

Grace-Melody Moo said...

What bells and march playing?!? What flower pig?!??*pengsan* @_@

Hahaha, as if I forget ppl so easily meh? You ask Lydia.. I very good girl one:P Super sentimental somemore... close friends stay close la.

 

Free Blog Counter