Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday

Something random.

Nobody is spared from troubles, trials and tribulations... What could be worse than all these combined is loneliness. I am really glad and thankful to remember today, the beautiful people God's hand-picked to walk with me through the different stretches of road, no matter how tough a season. Those who've been encouraging, helping, lending a shoulder for my to cry on or merely praying. So far. However, I often wonder if it would come a day, when I'd be totally alone in my stand. Misunderstood, forsaken, persecuted or mocked. It helps remind me that we have to ultimately learn to depend on God and lean on Him alone... and we have to start this very moment in time, even. Man may fail us anytime. Our loved ones may fail us. Those we trust may disappoint. We may fail ourselves... but Psalm 73:26 says that God is the strength of our hearts and our portion forever. Eternally. He never fails nor forsakes us.

I can't imagine Jesus having to go to the garden of Gethsamane on His own, to wrestle with that soulish agony of forseeing the portion and cup He soon had to drink and the moment of which He knew His Heavenly Father would have to turn His face away from Him....

Anyway...

My day was fair. Just came back from the MLM class at church not too long ago, and I'm really tired. There was some turbulence in my tummy all day long - and I'm now sipping hot tea to help relieve it. I'm craving for salty potato chips, and there's nothing left in my house to snack on but Jacob's cream crackers, Iko Oat biscuits, another tin of oat biscuits (I am partial to them oat biscuits, I am!), apples, mangoes, healthy nut+raisin cereal, soybean milk...

So super healthy snacks indeed... Sigh. Should be proud of myself... but here's one of those times I wish I took home some of the remaining junkfood from our WTR the other day. What wouldn't I give for a tiny helping of Double Decker right now?:P

I must mention something really funny here. Ok, not that funny - but ummm, during our WTR, our dear Pig, who was my roommate, concocted a song on my handphone with the composition function. It's kinda complicated. You can choose what u want to put in for the intro, verse 1, verse 2, chorus, etc... They have sequences tunes and rhythms for you to choose from. Quite cool if you put them together nicely... but, but, but... all we had was a weird, weird concoction I must say... A combination of Scary and Salsa... (to quote Pig). Plus Pig put in one full bar rest in the middle of the jig - and the song would pause out of nowhere (like in Musical Chairs)... before continuing jubilantly. LOLx. Gives me the creeps too, coz part of the song reminds me of old carousels and scary clowns... ARGH!!!! We used it as an alarm clock ring tone to wake us up in the mornings during WTR - and since then, I haven't changed anything.... But, it is starting to lose its effectiveness on me leh. Well, for one thing, the tune is... ANNOYING! It's that kind, which after you've snoozed a few times, you just turn it off... and wake up much later. And that has been happening to me in the past few days. Mujurlah, tak lewat ke tempat kerja...

So I guess, I'm gonna change it back to a more 'sane' song tonight. So sorry, Pig:P But, I really tried. I did... Um, you still want me to bluetooth you your song?:P

2 more days to CO365D's unveiled. Hehe. (Sorry for being so anal about it...)

2 comments:

Pig said...

*gasp* U're not going to keep my composition?! But but but..it's one of the most creative alarm clock tune ever! Hmmph :( You should upload it somewhere and let others judge it :P And yes..I want it bluetooth-ed to me :D Hahaha..

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Hahaha.... well, I won't exactly delete ur composition...just I'm not gg to keep it as my alarm tune:P

 

Free Blog Counter