Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday


Had an awesome weekend. 

For one thing, I'm officially off work now... so, I'm feeling pretty relaxed. While I did feel a little sad on Friday doing all the things I've grown so used to for the very last time (giving instructions to the care-takers for the weekend, pinning up notice-board articles, copying sermon CD's, dealing with the Sunday bulletins, etc, etc), I was rejoicing while I drove out of Trinity. For the very last time, as a church staff. After this, it's M.Div at the Baptist Seminary in Batu Ferringhi.

Then... Ben and I celebrated our anniversary with a movie at Cathay's on Friday night. We watched Mongol. It was pretty good (highly recommended), and we were so blown-away by the beautiful sceneries of Mongolia shown in the movie - being avid nature lovers. Our anniv. kinda went beyond a day, coz he could only give me his pressie the following day. It was a most meaningful one too. He brought me to church for MPC. I was very surprised and touched when I found out, coz I didn't think we'd go this round. It's a very helpful course indeed. I will perhaps write more about it at the end of 5 weeks, for the benefit of those who intend to make it for the next round.

We were paiseh when we went in, and saw that the tables have been nicely set with candle-light. LOL. There was even coffee, tea, sweets and etc kindly prepared by Uncle Lai Keat and Aunty Connie. Pastor Woo and wife, Soe Keat were conducting the course. There were 3 other couples in the class, apart from us. Yesterday's topic was on 'Communication'. We were given an opportunity to do 'role-playing' too...haha. 

My present to him this year is an album/scrapbook of our year in many pictures, narrations, letters and prayers - therefore I named it 'a Chronicle of 365 days'. Hehe. (If you were wondering what all that mystery was about - I couldn't really blog about it, coz I was afraid that Ben might read my blog anytime.) He liked it very much, thankfully:P I'm glad, coz I did enjoy myself making it, myself. It made me reflect on the goodness of God and His faithfulness through the year.

Saturday night - we had a wonderful time at CG. Ben, Matthew, Aichoo, Kok Loon and myself. We met all the way from 8 plus to 12pm, worshipping God together, discussing The Father Heart of God, sharing, praying.... then just when I thought we had ended, we began sharing again... It was a most fruitful time indeed, and I was very blessed.  

Sunday was really lazy. The sermon at church really refreshed me, especially the part about the Eagle. I'm too rushed for time to write anything about that now. 

Meeting up with Nellie today for lunch:) Ah, love the holiday. Must make the most of it while it lasts...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a great day you had. Any day with God is excellent! :-)

 

Free Blog Counter