Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy blog-anniversary!

Today marks the end of the 5th year, and the beginning of the 6th year since I started blogging. Golly-schmolly. How time flies. I feel like such a grown-up now.

I was only 19 or 20 then. An anorexic turned bulimic, half a globe away from home in a foreign land. Still battling eating disorders, depression and loads of other ailments... but it was a life filled with purpose. And I somehow felt that I ought to start blogging about it. To count my blessings. To remember God's faithfulness. To update my family and close friends about what He had been doing in my life.

Today, I'm where I am. Exceedingly and abundantly more than I could have asked or imagined in 2004. Healed of my eating disorders. Graduated, and going back to studying again! A whole new person. Bolder, grown, stronger (by the grace of God), seasoned, yielded and joyful. More in love with the Lord than ever. Through the seasons, He's been there. And I know, as He's been always faithful, He will be always faithful. Praise God.

I'm finally going to be off for my long-awaited vacation tomorrow. As such, I'll be on a blogging hiatus for a few days.

3 comments:

tairvlyn said...

have a blessed holiday!
you deserve the break! ENJOY! :)

zoey said...

wow...you were so young when you went abroad to study!! :P And you've been blogging for such a long time! So amazing...hehe =) so happy now you're fully healed of ur eating disorders =)

kevrlee said...

congrats!

i started blogging at the same age too :P

 

Free Blog Counter