Friday, May 22, 2009

Blessings, more decisions...and etc...

Was invited to Daniel and Jane's home for a small, relaxing gathering last night with some of his CG people, who also happen to be my friends at church, haha :P Pizza-dinner, fellowshipped, I was asked to do a simple sharing (I think I was very geeky :S)...and then they prayed for me and blessed me with a love-gift. Thanks so much, dear brothers and sisters! I was way, way touched - don't think I can describe that fully with words. Makes me remember how the Lord is always watching over me and providing for all my needs. Indeed He does that for all His children.

Pig told me that I'd better be a good girl and study hard. Her words are still echoing in my head. *Help!!!* :D

In the past few weeks, I was in a dilemma what to major in, for M.Div. There's one area, which I felt very strongly God was leading me to, even before I saw what majors they offer at MBTS - but it seemed rather big and scary (to me at least). So I kinda looked at another area, and decided to pick subjects that would be important for both majors. Hehe, it's a bit like 'playing safe'.

Funny. Yesterday afternoon, I picked up the academic catalogue to look at my term dates, term breaks (yeaaay!:P) and term schedule again. Actually I wasn't intending to look into the major thingy... but rather, I was counting the cost and my living expenses for the coming term (yes, again!) - I've never been so money-conscious in my life! Then I arrived at the page on which the different majors and their respective credits had been listed out. And I kid you not - I still feel very led to the 'Scary major'. But now, it doesn't seem that scary anymore! In fact, now I feel the peace to major in the 'scary major'. Amazing how God patiently and lovingly works on one's yielded heart, even while the mind is fickle and the flesh is weak. So I wanna check with the seminary if I can take one extra course this coming term.

Many more decisions to make in the next 2 weeks. God, grant me discernment! I know some open doors may not be open doors from the Lord - and to walk through any of these doors, it would be a move that ensnares. I am really not being over-spiritual here. Blind faith is honestly something I want to stay clear of. Really am appreciating all your prayers here!:) I covet them.

Finally, my tickets to Sandakan are booked! I have yet to pay back my dad the money! I am looking forward to the mission trip indeed. Hoping to be able to do another ministry trip to Singapore this year. If God wills and provides.

...also, my trip to Langkawi next week! Wowww! So excited!

...and KL soon...

Anyway...

I came home to my laundry. (Ah the bliss of Thursday-night washings...and the sight of the clothes hanging out to dry - makes me feel so contented and happy. Coz I know I'll have clean stuff to put on soon!) Talked to Ben on the phone too, which really made me even happier and encouraged me, as always.

Lower back pain seems to have gotten a little worse today, despite not exercising. I hope it goes away soon. If not, I'll have to go to the GH orthopaedics department. *Gasssps* Now I don't have my medical personnel privileges anymore *Gasssssssps* - haha, cannot cut queue! I don't want physiotherapy! Or back X-rays! Or my 3rd-med/final-med juniors checking-out my spine! Or Dr. Alif making one of them examine me!

Today's already Friday! Days, don't go by so fast!!! Please!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Grace! thanks for the well wishes...
and what a nice time you had with your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ! I truly think God constantly shows us His amazing love through all these amazing ppl beside us...how blessed we are to have such blessed meetings!
and I pray that you will be more confident and brave towards that "scary major"...if that's what God wants you to do, then He shall give you a peaceful and obedient heart towards it!
and so sorry about your back pain...take care! shall remember you in my prayers :-)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Thanks, Sophia! You are great encouragement indeed!!!

Pig said...

Now u better get ur back check a.s.a.p or I'll personally come help u chak kuat! :P Dont drag ya..

 

Free Blog Counter