Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend pictures...

Some of the pictures I took before my camera-phone went skinny-dipping in the sea on Saturday...


Ben and I, before we arrived at New World Park for lunch with some of our CG mates...

Upon arriving at Stella Maris... Here's the garden that overlooks the beautiful sea...
Baby Joel... adorably huggable, cuddly, happy and comfy with everybody.
*Muakkkkzzzzz*
Joel happily playing with his toys...
Rachel just up from her nap :) Ok, there were other babies and kids (Tim and Julia)...but I didn't manage to photograph them.
The apartment we stayed in...
The trees with their chopped off branches (I wonder why), and a very geeky-looking me...
Stella Maris, located at Tjg. Bungah - they've got dorms and apartments, fields and courtyards, conference rooms... suitable for retreats, church camps, etc...This was my second stay there. The first time I came, it was for Victory Weekend with Eaglepoint Covenant Fellowship Church:).
Tairven and Ben musing over Tairven's cool SLR camera...
Here's where the adventure began...We walked along the beach...
...towards the patch of rocks at the end of the beach...
Ben started climbing the rocks... And my oh my...he's surely as sure-footed as a goat... I think some of my hairs must have turned white in the sun watching him :S ... I'm more like one of those overly careful people... and so I was climbing the rocks like a robot... Put one foot on one particular spot... Pause... Move the other foot 2 inches.... Pause, etc...
On top of a beautiful rock (an hour before Ben slipped and fell from the same rock and wedged his foot in an awkward angle against another rock at the bottom...)
Amazing...
Some more hair-raising views of Ben...
Phew, after making our way over the rocks, we arrived at this nice, cozy patch of pristine sands... isolated and unspoiled.. I don't know what building was in the background. It looked like some ancient ruin that wasn't too ancient...
Above: a closer view of the 'ancient ruins'...
Ben was intrigued by it... so he did a little more rock-climbing on his own...Interesting roots of a tree...
The same roots of that tree... and my geeky, unpardonable, wind-blown hair...

Ben and I. Again, pardon my geekiness...
What about a rest in the shade?
Resting in the shade before we made our way over the huge rocks again... *Shudder* ...and my phone went skinny-dipping... And Ben fell down the rock, trying to go after it...

The end of our adventure and my picture-taking... :)

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter