Sunday, April 26, 2009

Poor Ben...

Back from my CG retreat at Stella Maris. Good part and bad part.


Good parts. Did enjoy fellowship with the rest of my CG members, the UNO games I had with the girls last night and the worship-and-sharing session we had this beautiful Sunday morning, with the roar of the waves rushing in from the sea. 

Bad parts. My phone fell into the sea and my poor boyfriend got injured :(

Well, it was like this. We were rock-climbing (climbing rocks would be more accurate) barefooted. Came to an isolated part of the beach where we stayed for a while, just enjoying the winds, playing in the fringes of the water and sitting in the shade...I guess my phone (which was in my pocket all the time) got pretty jealous coz I kept it out of the wet. On the way back, my phone decided that a swim in the inviting waters would be nice, and jumped out of my pocket. It slid down the high-rock we were on, and SPLASH!!! It was floating away merrily in the water. 

Silly phone and silly pocket. Silly me.

Ben tried to go down to rescue the silly phone from the clutches of the rolling-out waves, slipped halfway down the rock (coz it was really slippery), and half-fell, half-slid down that rock. (Gosh, I can even remember how he sounded going down the rock - and I'm cringing already...) My hero got his foot dashed and wrenched in an awkward angle against another rock when he reached the bottom of the huge rock, and despite being injured, he was still making desperate grabs at my phone in the water, before the waves could carry it back into the seas! *Pengsan* And guess what? He succeeded! My phone was conked, but I guess I saved my Sim Card, which was a good thing. Then my poor dear limped painfully all the way back to our apartment bleeding and all. There were huge, deep cuts on the soles of his feet - my heart bled when I saw what trouble my phone got him into... Sat around for a while, and since his ankle was getting so swollen and painful, we brought him to the clinic, where he got it x-rayed.

Praise God for no broken bones or even hairline cracks! But it was a bad soft-tissue injury all right, and now, he can't put any weight on his left foot. Everytime I see him hobbling on his crutches, or wincing in terrible pain, I feel so guilty. Last night, I just couldn't stop praying and crying out to the Lord for Ben. Am so thankful that his muscles are no longer spasming like mad today, and he even drove home. Manual car somemore!

Oh well, Ben's been ordered to keep his left foot immobile for a week at least...then slowly put weight on it again. Sau Chan was soooooo kind to lend us her brother's now unused crutches. Glad Ben has the crutches now. I'm sure he feels much better being so much more independant now, than when we didn't have them on hand! I'm also so touched and thankful for the guys in our CG - Quan Young, Tairven, and Matthew - who helped Ben get around especially last night, when the pain was extreme. Then also, Louise and Quan Young, who sacrificially brought us to the clinic and faithfully waited around with us, till the doctor was finally done with Ben. 

I hope and pray he heals soon.

Oh, I still feel so guilty. My memory works this way that I remember everything I saw in its perfect sequence - including what I saw, what I heard, what I experienced surrounding that event. I mean, ask me to randomly remember what happened in a conversation we had, and I can tell you exactly what happened vividly. What you said, what I said. What you wore, what we were eating, what music played in the background...Who laughed where, etc. My brain kinda took a video of Ben's accident (dunno how to explain better) and since I was traumatised, the video is playing and replaying itself over and over again in my head. Therefore, I'm currently sorta having PTSD, whereby I keep seeing flashbacks of that unfortunate event... of how Ben fell down the rocks and everything about it...and it pretty much disturbs me...

ARGH!!!

7 comments:

Pig said...

Poor thing..! aiyo..dont la blame yourself or the phone. It's really just a bad accident and thankfully Ben only have to heal from some torn tissues and not fractured bones. I'm sure he'll heal in no time. You've got to take that incident off your head and that guilt too ok? *hugs* We'll just keep praying for dear Ben ya...You've got to be strong to be his 'slave' for now :P I'm sure he's gonna make you fok si him :P hahaha..Need any help, let me know k!

Lydia said...

Ahyoyo, poor ben :( I'll pray for his speedy recovery. Come to think of it, he is such a hero, so man and macho!! Try to dramatize abit into hollywood action movie but this time instead of guns/bombs it's your phone :P

Try to fok si him more lorr...Now your time to show your tender, loving and care. Cook for him, sayang him a bit more. :P

tairvlyn said...

hey grace dear,
dont blame yourself la..it was just purely an accident and you cldnt have prevented the phone from dropping into the sea ma...

no worries, Ben is a strong guy, i'm sure he'll heal soon. meanwhile, dont be too hard on yourself, k? *hugs* we will keep on praying for him.....at least despite all the drama, we still had a pretty good time eh? :)

goodness,how did Ben drive a manual car? i seriously thought it was an auto car!!! hehe.

kevrlee said...

*salutes Ben*

ur bf is such an inspiration :)

wishing him all the best with his recoveries :D

Grace-Melody Moo said...

noler, Weelyn... it was a manual car... :P But amazing huh. God is good. Today, he's walking without the crutches, albeit limping and hobbling... yeah..we did have a fabulous time!

tairvlyn said...

glad to hear that he's already walking without the crutches! he's really a strong guy! Praise God.
and i'm sure it's also due to the TLC that you've showered upon him that has helped him to feel better :)

btw, how's the condition of your phone?

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Hehe...Lost all numbers:P but Sim card is still working...so number is still the same. I guess my contacts were all stored in the memory stick. Hafta try and see if I can salvage it...

Yeah, Ben is better...phew!!! Praise God!! Hopefully he will recover in time for the WTR in 2 weeks time...

 

Free Blog Counter