Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Journals of Jim Elliot


Back to reading this book...

Just a short introduction to those who do not know who Jim Elliot is: He was a Christian missionary to Ecuador, who was killed by the Huaorani Indians. His journals were then compiled by his wife, Elisabeth Elliot, after his death, and published - sparking an interest in missions in many youths of his time, and being an encouragement to the missionaries worldwide.

If I were to deem any book my utmost favourite, this would be the one. Have had this book in my collection since year 2007. And I've never gotten tired of reading it especially when I'm in need of spiritual revival. It never fails to challenge me to a more committed, closer walk with the Lord.

Here's a quote a sentence from his journal record on October 28, 1949: 'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose'.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter