Friday, March 27, 2009

Girly white dresses...

I will be attending a friend's wedding this May - and I haven't really given much thought to what to wear yet.

There's no specific dress colour-code for it of course...but, but... today, I went on a little walk-see during lunch... and I've fallen in love with some of the white summer dresses on display. Particularly those which are white, made of light cottony material, either A-line or empress cut (coz I look odd wearing other cuttings) ...and oh my, the white sashes are gorgeous... They lend so much to a clean and fresh, crisp silhouette of a little white dress...

I am one person especially 'partial' to ribbons and sashes - whether it's on my dresses, bags, ear-rings, or hair... There's something so extra sweet and girly about them, that I can never resist. Love the soft satiny ones - black, white or cream.


Anyway, I haven't made up mind if I want to wear an old dress (not very ngam for the occasion - being ball dresses), borrow or get an inexpensive one for the occasion. I don't want anything too bling-bling, fali-falook or boombastic... Sweet simplicity appeals so much more to me.

Another colour I have stuck up in my head so far - Lilac.

Note that I'm not saying "I need to lose some weight..." coz whenever I say that, I always kinda jinx myself... by doing exactly the opposite. And no, I am not even sure why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite color is lilac!! :D

hahaa... i never knew the word fali-falook existed! :P

Well, too bad i'm far too big size for you..and too bad i don't really have any more dresses to loan u.. even if i do..it would fall directly into the fali-falook category i'm sure :P hahahaha

let me know which one you choose :D would love to see the LWD :D

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Pig, fali-falook is not an official word!:P It's a cantonese word..which means berbunga-bunga/lots of patterns...

Hahah...ur dresses ar... i remember the day we tried on dresses at Forever21:P And those u tried on were...ummm, rather unique:D Gave me goosebumps onli. Hahaha... Kidding!!!!! Anyway, I've got some of ur dresses in my wardrobe already:D they are not bad la...just I'm going on some light,summer dress fetish thingy..i suppose.

And dnt be silly...u are not really bigger than me. just that we're a different shape:D

 

Free Blog Counter