Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Brain dead...

I'm totally in need of more mental exercise!!! Post-graduation break was a good rest, after months and years of brain saturation...but after 3 quarters of the year being in a sorta confused state, and not intensively working at something specific is finally taking its toll. Feels like Fe2+ is slowly being oxidized to Fe3+ in my brain:P i.e. brain rusting. Bleargh.

What an interesting life.

I tried remembering some medical terminology a few days ago - and to my utmost horror (sorry for being a drama queen!), I realized that I'd forgotten how to say 'medial deviation of big toe' in Latin! It was only after remembering 'hallux', and googling it, I stumbled upon the word I wanted to use - hallux valgus!

I immediately went 'valgus, varus, valgus, varus', superbly relieved to have unknotted the kink in that part of my memory.

*Grips head in hands, and gives a silent scream*

It's not that my work is a no-brainer. I like the fact that I am learning much from being CMC, even if it's not academic. It's just that... it doesn't really require that much studying yet or teaching, deep thinking or processing loads of information in the head - and there mostly alot of short spurts of brain work...and alot more repetitive processes, whenever I share the admin load... so I spend most of the day busy... but not busy using my brain the way I'm inclined to. There's not much space for creativity too. I'm just not that equipped in too many places for that sort of application. Not much training is needed for what I'm doing either. Then in the evenings, I'm so tired that I don't even want to pick up any heavy, factual sort of book to read... plus I need time to spend in prayer too - and with people that matter ... until Monday.

How much reading can one do in just one day?!?

O well, there's always a time for everything. Better savour all I can from this season, before it passes!

Sigh. I think I'd never survive as a rich tai-tai portrayed in the HK TVB dramas...with maids to wait on me, and nothing to do the whole day, except go out for yam char with people, sit in hair saloons, read magazines, bake cookies and play with my toy poodle. I used to think how fortunate these people are - but now, I realize that I'm not really suited to that kind of life. I'd be really bored to death!:P (Oklar, to be fair, not all rich tai-tai's are like that also, nowadays...)

Now... if I were to be a home-maker, however...I would be glad of that. But I'd want to home-school my kids if I can afford to, and work from home. Write, perhaps... and be involved in ministry, definitely.

I just thought I'd better start studying something light but specific from now onwards and get my cerebrum properly activated - just so that when June finally arrives, I'd not be still trying to warm it up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For once, right now at this moment i really wish i could live a rich tai tai life and be a complete bimbo. Do watever as long as i dont need to think, work and strive. LOL.

I'm bit burnout,troubled and feeling a lil dissatisfied with things around me. Grrrrrrrr....

Hai!!!!!!!!!!!

Neway, don't be too hard on urself, even if your brain abit karat, sooner or later your karatness will just go away :)

Happy studying babe :)

Anonymous said...

Aoki was me Lydia :P

Anonymous said...

i can totally comprehend what you mean on the rusting brains. It's been 6 months since I last lift up a text book albeit promising myself that I will revisit my finance text!

I think your plans on taking 'baby-steps' sounds fair enough. Dont worry, i think you are using a lot of your brain now..just prolly not academically. But i guess that's a good anti-rust on its own :D

Grace-Melody Moo said...

LOL... need some oil to lubricate all the processes now :P

Lyd, u haven't blogged in a while!:)

 

Free Blog Counter