Friday, March 20, 2009

Argh! Budgetting!!

Such a terribly difficult yet amusing part of my preparation for the seminary.

My leaders asked me to write-up a budget of my estimated annual/monthly expenditure for June onwards, when I'll start studying at the seminary - this is for the purpose of a proposal for sponsorship in the next LCEC meeting, end of March.

With much effort, stress and many days of scratching my head, I worked out a budget that's supposed to cover my annual school fees, books, stationery... then monthly expenditures, etc. Then I emailed my pastors, leader (Daniel), and dad.

Breathed a sigh of relief... La di da dum...

But...

...guess what? Looks like I'll have to work on the budget again! *half wailing and half screeching with laughter*

My dad, being a wonderful dad, quickly replied my email telling me that my budget was too low. Haha:P He suggested a few things that I forgot to think about. Insurance, car maintenance... then he said that I was spending too little on groceries, food and nutrition...

Rather bewildered, I asked Daniel what he thought about the budget... He also said the food part's too low. I cracked up with laughter when he told me, "You need a healthy "temple of God" to do kingdom purpose!!!!! So please..."

Then the funnier part came. I passed my budget to my beloved, very willing 'consultant' Pig... and asked her to work on it. Asked her to put in whatever she thought necessary (btw, she's really good in this! - she took less than one quarter of time I took coming up with the amounts...since I feel so bad everytime the budget for one area hits RM200) When she was done... I GAPED at the amount! Impressed that she could think of so many things that I couldn't - that's what friends (pets?) are for - and traumatized at the same time.

Btw, this earned that loudest guffaw... You have no idea how the walls of the church office shook with my laughter... (Ok, abit of exaggeration there - but just to let you know how tickled I was...)

This is exceedingly and abundantly more than what I could ever muster up the courage asking or imagining!:P It's like asking for a pay-rise by 100%

Gives you an idea how jimat-cermat I've been (trying to be) so far. :P

After that, Pig suggested that I should have an extra budget for a pet - i.e. A PIG. Such an ingenious, brilliant idea, don't you think?:P Then I can bring up my food budget a little more...

2 comments:

tairvlyn said...

:D haha.....i felt so tickled when i read this post! hehehe.

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Heheh...yalor.

 

Free Blog Counter