Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the remains of Tuesday

Despite the rain, it's been hot and humid - and guess what? I'm having another flare of eczema on my left arm. Darn!

My day has been rather depressing... I'm trying to enjoy what remains of it. Went downstairs to eat at the mamak stall (drank Iced Milo too!) instead of downing my usual nuts, seeds and grains with soy-milk, came back upstairs for a dose of quiet-time...then I savoured the therapeutic effects of crafting with cardstock and cutting instruments. Right now, I'm waiting for a phone-call, before I hit the sack.

I seem to have been facing quite a few discouragements in the past few days. Judgemental people (so what's new?). Ben reminded me of the story of Moses in Exodus 4. I read it up for myself today. One part especially comforted me: Verses 1-5:

Moses answered, "What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, 'The LORD did not appear to you'?"

Then the LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?"
"A staff," he replied.

The LORD said, "Throw it on the ground."
Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. Then the LORD said to him, "Reach out your hand and take it by the tail." So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand. "This," said the LORD, "is so that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has appeared to you."

Later God also told Moses that He'd put His words into his mouth. I'm waiting for my 'staff'. It's sorta taking shape:) Hehe. Ignore this if you don't really know what I'm talking about. Just yesterday, the Lord showed me how dreadfully I can waver in my faith sometimes. Convictions have to be held onto more tightly. So what if people talk and say all kinds of things? Everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion. Just listen to those who know and pray for you. A boat without an anchor drifts in all directions according to the wind and waves. It never enters its rest.

A brother once told me before we parted ways... 'You must be confident of what you believe in. Once you are confident, and if persecutions were to tempt you to distraction, more than half the battle has been won.' Golly, how I wish I'd remember that in my interviews! (Memories of the interview with the PPRC last year, July - sends chills up my back!:P - I wish interviewers would not have to look so intimidating.)

Tomorrow's a busy day. I have to drive all the way to Lorong Bunga Pudak (that's in Tjg. Bungah) - hope I don't get lost. Coz Pastor's going to be taking a ride in my car to an elderly church member's house. Jeng Jeng Jeng! Super busy week on the whole. I have a headache thinking of the stuff I'll have to do. My weekend's going to be pretty packed too.

But seriously, what's my busyness compared to that of Uncle GC? Watching him still try to be cheerful and joyful in the Lord despite the stress makes me rather ashamed of my raves and rants. He's been good example for me indeed. I'm so thankful for people like that in my life. Helps me through the tough patches, they do - their encouragement, their godly examples, their wise words and their attempts to spunk me up. Haha.

Hope I wake up on the right side of my bed tomorrow...

I come against all spiritual attacks in Jesus' name!

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter