Sunday, February 22, 2009

Abs...

My gym-enthusiast boyfriend demonstrated a abs exercise while I was watching, which looked super easy. (He has fantastic abs, btw.) I mean, he really made it look so easy!

I must mention here that I used to have a flat tummy, thanks to jazz dance-classes. Unfortunately, as the years slipped past, I stopped dancing and grew older...I regret to say, that I could do with a liposuction now:P Ok, it's not too bad. But as any girl would, I hate whatever that wobbles and jiggles at that place. Especially when it comes to the bloating time of the month!

Jogging and eating a little less does make the tummy flat again, kinda. But it doesn't stay.

So when I saw Ben doing his thing, I was sold. I asked if he could teach me to do that.

He made me lie at a 45 degree angle to the horizontal on a slanting bench, my head higher than my legs...then my hands had to grip on this pole thingy behind my head, I had to flex my hip and elevate my legs with my feet together, knees straightened out...

Holy cow!

I screeched in laughter coz I obviously couldn't even initiate the move. Thought I'd get a hernia from the exertion. Ben tipped his head on one side and looked amused. Tried to hide a grin and look sympathetic. I felt like a monkey in a zoo-cage, trying to impress its audience.

"Try bending your knees...then bring them to your chest."

Ok, this one sounded do-able. I mean, I can definitely hang from a horizontal bar, and bring my knees to my chest a good few times!:P

I tried it once, and screeched in laughter again. This was way harder than I imagined.

Sigh, in the end, I gave up doing his thing... and sigh... guess I'll have to go back to the stomach-crunches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear, u need loads and loads of practice :) In no time, you'll have a strong core (abs). Keep stucking in your core whenever you have the chance to do so. If you realize if you suck your core in, you'll have a good posture (naturally you won't hunch).

SO yeah, it takes time to develop your core! :) All da best girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been sucking in my core forever...I'm beginning to feel like my butt swapped place with my abs and now the bulges are none other than the butt cheeks (hmm... can u imagine what I'm saying? :P)...

gosh... Cookies..if you figure out how to get the tummy ironed out... u know i need help... :D

Grace-Melody Moo said...

oh my, Pig...your butt swapped place with ur abs?:P *gasps* Hahahahaha!!!

Lyds, I dont know why if I suck in my core the whole day, I get tummy ache:P is that supposed to be protestant muscle spasms?:P

 

Free Blog Counter