Saturday, January 17, 2009

Windows to a soul that was...

After a meeting with my cg leaders last night, I watched a movie on the PC starring Will Smith - Seven Pounds... and I cried like crazy at the end of the movie. It would be quite accurate to say that I bawled and sobbed as if my heart would break. It was really a moving movie - but I don't think I was crying just because of the story-lines... but because it triggered me to think of something else.

How would you feel if the person you loved deeply died... and since he's signed himself up as an organ donor, had his eyes removed - and this set of eyes was given as a gift to a blind man... then now, you meet this formerly-blind man, who can now see?

I mean, I'd be glad for that formerly-blind man... but I'd be so afraid to look into his eyes - and see the pair of eyes which formerly belonged to my loved one. That same pair of eyes, which used to gaze lovingly into my own. That same pair of eyes which used to resonate with his smile. That same pair of eyes which used to sometimes glisten with tears when he got a little emotional... But the soul behind them isn't the same anymore.

Yes. So I bawled.

Then unfortunately my nose got pretty stuck - and that wasn't fun. In my impatience to clear my nose so that I could breathe properly and fall asleep, I blew my nose so vigorously...that a bunch of blood capillaries under my eyes burst...and now I've got many red pinpoint spots beneath my eyes. That, along with my freckles... I think I look interesting today!

Above: The red spots (shown by arrows) are actually burst capillaries in the skin

Anyway, I shall try not to watch such touching movies before I go to sleep next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seven pounds? Is it an old movie? I love to watch the movie after reading your blog...

mozozozo said...

aww...poor jie...I also wanna watch that movie...see if i will cry too =P hehe anyway, I started to type in my blog, then needed 2 get some other things done :) update soon!!

 

Free Blog Counter