Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rash progress...

Rash looks icky,
it itches bad...

Betnovate cream's sticky -
everything's shiny and red.

Bought Betnovate (the much-coveted topical steroid - for me, at least) over the counter from Watson's... Let's hope it works its magic!:)

I'm one of those people with really sensitive skin - it is anti-exfoliate, anti-hot+humid-weather (one of the only things I cannot stand about being in Penang), it must not be allowed to over-heat or dry-up, I'm not allowed certain foods and I go out of my way to avoid things like dust, brown rubber-bands, plasticine and weeds.

(Btw, I'm allergic to many things! Including strawberries. They induce an asthmatic attack.)

I had bad allergic dermatitis/eczema as a child. (Memories of tubs and tubs of 'Itchy cream' prescribed at Poliklinik Subang. And, no... the cream wasn't itchy. I called it so, because the only times I saw those cute tubs labelled with 'Racun' were when I had to appear in PS for eczema.) The day the itchy plaques on my thighs, shins and flexures disappeared for good, I think my mum celebrated. I think I did, as well. I was sick of the many years of trying not to scratch.

You know la. My mum was super worried that I'd scar myself for life, with vigorous scratching - so she banned me from that action all together. I regret to say - that I could be a little rebellious as a kid. I'd curi-curi scratch when she was not looking.

Hehe, I miss you, mum. Think I'll not scratch now, just in case she looks down from heaven - and catches me 'breaking the record'! Joking.

And now that I'm all grown up, I still have flares of it from time to time. Times of stress, when I am allergic to the things I eat or come in contact with, when I am exposed to extremely dusty places, and when graze dry skin (even with a towel). But thank God - I don't get flares so often nowadays. The last time I itched (all over my shins) was back in our anaethesiology rotation - before the 2007 multidisciplinary barring exams.

It's been a good two years, hey?:) So much hair has disappeared from my head ever since!

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter