Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday randoms

Off-day! *Jumps around in joy* Window-shopping, good books and coffee, and some precious zzz's on the way.

Had a fair weekend. I don't know why - but I am so exhausted today! It's not like I did much yesterday. I was already tired after manning the info-counter at church that I had to catch a little nap in between the 2nd service and the 3rd.

However, I did enjoy church.

Pastor Woo's sermon about giving ourselves fully to the Lord yesterday really touched my heart. I mean, I've probably heard so many sermons on that particular topic before this one - and yet, everytime God speaks, it's a renewed revelation - that I listen in wonder and much conviction of course. A fresh test of my heart. Am I giving myself fully to the Lord today?

God, may it be that I'll never ever get bored of listening to Your Word preached... and may the wonder of knowing You never grow less!

Chinese New Year is coming. The malls, shopping complexes and hypermarkets in Penang are as filled with busy shoppers as anywhere else in the country, looking for good purchases of clothes, new furniture, greeting cards, and food items (cookies and other CNY titbits)...just to mention a few.

So far, I've been only window shopping whenever I land myself in one of these places. Firstly, I don't have much budget for clothes at the moment and I have no problem with wearing old clothes during CNY, I don't need new furniture since the Lord has given me everything I need in abundance, I seldom send people Chinese New Year cards (very unfestive-like of me!) and although I am a big fan of CNY cookies, I hardly buy them for myself.

About the cards. I am not very good with sending them to friends during festive seasons. I usually buy cards (even if I do) because I hanker after good, eye-catching card-designs. I know, I'm weird.

I finally went back to the gym today. And my thighs and calves are now protesting.

1 comments:

monsterkeon said...

ah window shopping, books n coffee,niceee! i gotta pray that i never get bored of listening to His word too!

 

Free Blog Counter