Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why this CNY feels a little different for me

Chinese New Year this year feels different somehow.


Perhaps, it is because Zoey has just returned from UK - and I am still getting used to her being in Malaysia after so long. Her culture-shock, her adapting to the hot tropical weather, her new habits acquired in UK, her maturation into a young woman... and her cool stories of travelling around Europe.

Perhaps, it is because I did not collect as many ang-pows as I usually do, having only visited two families... Heeh... Of course that isn't a big deal! But sadly, I did not meet as many relatives this year as I would have liked to. And it does feel a little weird.

Perhaps, it is because my Hu-B-2-B went back to KL with me for Chinese New Year - the first time ever in history! :D (The last time he went back with me was Christmas 2009... and we weren't engaged yet.) My relatives are coming to terms with my new status as 'about-to-be-married'...so as you can imagine, there was quite some discussion going on about us, the wedding in Penang and etcetera. LOL. It was no wonder my CNY felt a little extra-ordinary...I am not used to being at the center of attention - that of my relatives too.

Perhaps, it is because I have a better self-image this year than I did last year. I no longer feel compelled to stuff my face with cookies just to prove to everyone that I am over with my eating disorders... neither do I feel that I ought to restrict myself from eating cookies or splurging on a good meal with my family. And yet I did NOT binge. Amazing huh? Praise God! :)

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter