Thursday, September 23, 2010

Writer's block

RANDOM: A pic of Ai Hua and I before I left for Poland...

Tomorrow is FRIDAY. Already! *majorly stressed*

The stress is giving me a writer's...or blogger's block. After writing my reflection for today's theology class, my brain now feels like it has been drained of its blogophilic juices.

Brutal. I kept yawning and falling asleep in class too.

Well, let me share a random conversation in between my beloved and I yesterday evening...

Me: Happy mooncake festival, dear!
Ben: Huh? Are you saying that I am a mooncake?
Me: Why? *puzzled look*
Ben: You wish someone Happy Chinese New Year if he is Chinese... so if you wish me Happy mooncake festival, I must be a mooncake la...
Me: @_@'

Mid-Autumn Festival. It reminds me of lanturn parades, paper tang-lungs, yummy mooncakes and the big, round moon. This year, I spent my Mid-Autumn Festival eating South Indian food and drinking iced milo at Raffe's mamak stall at Pulau Tikus - with Ben. Nothing very Chinese-y. I guess, we are just not very traditional when it's just the two of us. Hopefully, when our kids come running about, we will repent a little :P

And what about mooncakes, you ask... Well, Ben's mum gave me 2 mooncakes last week... I chopped them into 4 each...and had a quarter almost every day. Today, I am officially tired of mooncake and am looking forward to finishing the last quarter tomorrow.

3 comments:

weelyn said...

how classic of Ben! hahahaha.

Mid-Autumn Festival...same, it reminds me of lantern parades, etc. but i didnt even buy lanterns for the kids! :( felt bad about it...so next year, i'll buy them lanterns just for fun...dont want to deprived them of their childhood.. hehe.

onnicked said...

hi grace, i stumbled upon your blog at xanga.com n trace u down to blogspot dot com.

i understand that u are a medical student, and believe that now u are a doctor some place.. may i ask you why are you taking theology classes then?

where did u study medicine before? and are you now working?

sorry for asking too many question at once.. i know it is impolite, please excuse me, but i cannot resist to know why you want to study theology..

thanks in advance... ;)

Grace-Melody Moo said...

Onnicked, it's a very long story :)I don't think I can share all of it here, but basically, I studied medicine in Dublin and Penang... Graduated but I'm not working in the medical field now. Doing church ministry + missions instead and yes, studying in the seminary. It was God's call for me back in my 2nd year of med school, and this is me in this season :)

 

Free Blog Counter