Thursday, August 26, 2010

End of blogging hiatus... :)

I AM BACK!!!
After Lydia and Zoey asked me about my blog this week... I decided to start blogging again after a glorious long break from it...

*Freedom!!!*

The one week spent with my sister, Zoey, in Hatfield, London, Cardiff and Bath was one of the best weeks in my life ever. I want to thank my daddy for so lovingly providing for us. Zoey was her ever adorable self... I didn't realize how much I've missed her till we had to part ways again. *Sniff*

Well, of course there were things to look forward to returning to Malaysia. Ben took a bus down to KL on Sunday, just so that he could meet me at the KLIA Airport... which I truly appreciate! :) I also received a surprise bouquet of lilies.... Sweet, sweet... He drove me up to Penang the very next day (of course after a trip to IKEA... We dropped by Pst. J's house in Ipoh too.)

Anyway...

So what has been on my mind lately? Loads.

Wedding prep (not that we've begun on that much - but at least, they are on the way, especially since Ben returned from the States...and I returned from Europe), ministry (think there has to be alot of restructuring of how I do things, priorities, etc), my assignments (yes... they are back!!!)... people and money (what's new? :P) - but it's got to be a whole new season of learning new lessons on trusting God... of reflecting on what God's grace means... of my faith being stretched... of working on my character... of growing in my relationships... of being salt and light.

Salt and light. Sometimes, we don't realize how much we're being watched. Church is just once a week... and a few more times per week, if we're serving a little more. Rather, we spend the most hours in our work-places, recreation clubs (if afforded), homes, apartment blocks, coffee-shops, shopping malls, etc. Are we living double-lives? Are we loving and giving outside the four walls of our churches? Do we work diligently in our careers? Are we nice to our non-Christian colleagues or do we join in the back-biting? Do we make the effort to serve and bless our neighbors?

Each moment of the day is an opportunity to make a difference in at least one life. I want to do that. Even with my little.

Oh yeah... I forgot - November's mission trip. After Joyce and Mel told me (today) about getting kutu (lice), sand-fly bites and the 9-hours bumpy jeep ride into the Borneo jungle...I am already getting psychological jeebles... hehe. However, I believe that it will be a good one-week's experience of ministry to the Penan Orang Asli community... so may God prepare us.

1 comments:

Joanne said...

welcome back!

 

Free Blog Counter