Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday: EXHAUSTED!

I only slept 1.5 hour yesterday night...thanks to my assignment deadline.

At 2am last night (this morning), I completed my paper.

When I transferred my file to the printing PC (the computer I use to print my work), I realized that there were alot of mysterious tables in my paper...which I never intended to put into my work. When I tried to edit it on the printing PC, the keyboard decided to forsake me...and it stopped working altogether. Since I could not print out my work without removing all the mysterious tables and reformatting my whole paper, and since the editing required quite alot of work with the keyboard, I started panicking... The mouse alone couldn't accomplish much...and I didn't know any tricks to substitute usage of the Enter Key.

Subsequently, the printing PC gave up on me too. I was so frustrated that I burst into tears. That was at about 3am+++...

After a little prayer, texting Ben (he kept suggesting alternatives), and trying out the different alternatives (nothing worked), I suddenly remembered that Ben had left a spare PC in my house...He was supposed to give it away, but he must have forgotten about it when he left for the States... and it got stranded in my room. (What a miracle! I feel bad because I have not really appreciated its presence in my room so far...) I tried to reason with God for a while - after all, I am not a technology-savvy person. I didn't know what to do with all the wires and all (it may be simple... but seriously, wires? It just looks like a big tangle of spaghetti to me)... but I realized that since I didn't have any more options... I would try to set up the other PC and connect it to my printer.

Praise God, I was able to get the PC started up... the keyboard still wouldn't work on this PC... so I had to use the mouse to maneuver everything... Gosh, in that hour or so, I learned SO MUCH!:D While I couldn't type alphabets, I found how to do the 'Enter' thingy with the mouse, remove the tables and reformat the paper, etc... At 4.30pm, my paper was finally completed and printed out. Phew! THANK YOU, GOD!

This was the most nerve-wrecking night for me in a long while...

When I drove to school this morning, I felt as if my car was floating... *_@

Thankfully Dr. Rosalind's class on 'Children and Spirituality' was so, so interesting - that I did not fall asleep in the class! :D

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter