Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday

Headache...

Actually it started with me trying my best to keep awake in class. I was so, so zombified this morning, the air-con was so chilly and our lecturer's voice seemed so umm... soothing - that it could have lulled me to sleep. (Think Rock-a-bye-baby...)

It didn't help that Winson Chee kept nodding on and on beside me. While that guy has a 'gift' for falling asleep (sometimes unnoticed) and yet maintaining his very-natural-posture in such a way that you'd never think he was asleep if not for his shut eyes and occasional nods (in fact he always looks like he's bowing his head in prayer), I have not such an advantage. I'd either do dramatic clockwise and anti-clockwise rolls of the head that would annoy the heck out of any lecturer (I bet!) or fall out of my seat into the aisle - if I ever happen to doze off in an upright position. So brutal...

You can thus imagine why it is necessary for me to work hard to keep awake. I've had enough of embarrassing myself back in med school. Last time, we had about 200 students in one auditorium. This time it's less than 20. No more a small fish in the big ocean! :P

The result of me forcing open my eyelids when they would have been better off shut = headache.

Anyway...

This afternoon, I came across 1 Cor 15:58 during QT that goes: "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the LORD, because you know that your labor in the LORD is not in vain."

What a great reminder. LETS!

1 comments:

mozozozo said...

Vision of Grace's head lolling around and making big circles in the tour bus in Thai >.< yeah..guess it wouldn't be such a good idea to do that in class

 

Free Blog Counter