Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday

Rhinitis and a sore nose from too much 'trumpetting' . Phlegm caking up in my throat. And a pretty funky voice.

Day 2 of MBTS student orientation.

Praise God I managed to sit through all the long, bi-lingual talks with only 2 yawns... albeit with a groggy (I sure I hope I hid the beh-song-ness well :P) face. Felt pretty bad not looking more enthusiastic - the talks were quite substantial actually. Encouraging in fact. But... my body was weak while my spirit is willing. My blocked nose not only made it difficult to sleep at night (so you can imagine how sleepy I was the whole morning) - but also hard to breathe throughout the day. Gah! For all that respiratory labour, I sure hope I am better tomorrow. O God, heal me!

It did me good to worship God today, even as I was part of the morning worship team. Not so much of me looking to myself or enjoying music as an art... but rather me, turning my eyes toward the cross... and remembering Jesus ~ the reason I am in MBTS for this season. I dearly hope that I served Him with the right attitude. Thank You, Lord for graciously anointing our team... that despite the very little time we had to prepare for today, we could still play our hearts out for You and what came out of that was... beautiful music. By Your grace, receive this simple offering from Your children, Lord. Most of all we render our hearts.

Ah, so much ministry work to be done by this Friday. Choir practice at church tonight... Only 3 practices left to our ministry trip to Ipoh - so I'd better at least familiarize myself with the songs and team. It's been a long time since I set foot into the Sanctuary on a Wednesday night just for choir practice (I missed everyone) - it well may be my last time for this year, before MLM training starts again.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter